• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Them Tories are going mad mental

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    It seems to me we often forget the reciprocal agreements that take place allowing me to work in Germany, although not born here. Do you really want me back?

Our population compared to other corners of the world is not that big, such as Singapore or Hong Kong. The housing problem is a legacy from Thatcher days gone by selling council houses and not replacing them. Stupid.

If our population were half I'd guarantee you and all white British workers they'd still be exploited by UK plc. Mark my words.

We've been a nation chasing short-term goals. That's our downfall.

These reciprocal arrangements were always available. I have plenty of friends who have emigrated both in & out of the EU yes they had to satisfy some reasonable requirements of the host country but most higher qualified / achieving people would have no difficulty. So if you can convince your host country I'm sure you would have no problem staying. The freedom of movement rules would mean little to us.

Our population is growing 0.6% a year mainly via immigration, our Island is about the same size. If you want to live in a broom cupboard then go for it.

Of the few hundred thousand of council houses sold in Thatchers era would cover a year or two of current immigration & births. 1.8 million council houses have been sold due to the Right to Buy scheme. Of course once sold the houses don't disappear or lay empty people actually live in them afterwards so they have little impact on the housing shortage. They do however mean areas improve and they were a good way to turn council estate no go areas to partial ownership. The only effect they have on housing demand is they remove the subsidised housing so loved by famous council tenants like Bob Crowe.

Basic economics if you make a resource scarce then customers either pay more for it (wages & benefits go up) or they avoid buying it by mechanising or growing their own (productivity or training goes up). The more power Employees have the less they get abused.

If business becomes harder we will try harder.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      Completely untrue and I live in London.
      We use people that the family have known and used for years with no problem.

Seems its actually you that have an issue and are prejudice against indigenous people around you?
      Our Polish Builder who was excellent he was indeed half the price of the equivalent British one , he was as busy as local ones but he managed to convince us he would produce a quality job something most of the others failed to do. He even turned up on time and spoke clearly and frequently about progress.

Our structural Engineer is British & lovely.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
        Your massive anti-English bent. Having lived in Northern Ireland I've seen pepole with very similar opinions to yours. I'll hazard a guess that you were brought up in a part of Scotland that suffered from sectarian problems.
        There's nothing of the sort. It is possible not to share an opinion and not dislike at the same time you know. But we all see things how we want to.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          There's nothing of the sort. It is possible not to share an opinion and not dislike at the same time you know. But we all see things how we want to.
          But your view of the English and South-East is one I know to be untrue. We only eat babies every second Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            Our Polish Builder who was excellent he was indeed half the price of the equivalent British one , he was as busy as local ones but he managed to convince us he would produce a quality job something most of the others failed to do. He even turned up on time and spoke clearly and frequently about progress.

Our structural Engineer is British & lovely.
            The British tradesmen myself and a few of my friends' have had problems with have been electricians.

The rest whether European - and some of them pretend to be Polish but aren't - or British have done a good quality of work.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              Absolute tulipe.

Place is an absolute bombsite, they are prostituting their children and robbing pensioners at knife point.

I'm in the area fairly often, this is normal...

At least they've kept the library open so you've got somewhere warm to go on signing-on day.

Comment

Working...
              X