• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

€1.11/£ - Flash crash my lower rear anatomy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Wish I'd paid for my holiday and loaded my € debit card when I booked now!

Also wish we'd pulled the trigger on buying a Scandinavian log cabin (€140k or so) when we were considering it
    Cheer up, today's bad price is tomorrow's great price! Buy! Buy!
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      Four ways the UK can take advantage of a weaker pound

The trouble is, past devaluations of sterling have not always led to greater competitiveness.

In the 1960s, they were a cover for higher government spending.

In the 1970s, they were an excuse for an inflationary wage-price spiral that left nobody better off. This time, we should make sure a cheaper pound strengthens our economy.

And all from a writer of fiction

he aslo mentioned was:-

It [the pound] is now the second worst-performing mainstream currency in the world this year, second only to another peso, the Argentinean one

To capitalise on this one, we need to find ways of targeting industries that can exploit a cheaper pound,
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        And all from a writer of fiction

he aslo mentioned was:-

It [the pound] is now the second worst-performing mainstream currency in the world this year, second only to another peso, the Argentinean one

To capitalise on this one, we need to find ways of targeting industries that can exploit a cheaper pound,
        Dropped again today, David Davis amongst others talking the pound down, we're slowly grinding are way down to parity against the EUR.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
        X