• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

€1.11/£ - Flash crash my lower rear anatomy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
    Time to buy your Xmas presents now before inflation starts raising its ugly head.
    It's not exactly the Weimar Republic.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
      It's not exactly the Weimar Republic.
      Well I was thinking about 3 - 4% price rises on imported goods. Not a couple of million %.

We've never been as good at Hyperinflation as the Germans ....

But now you have opened a can of worms. Expect the usual "Gold-bugs" to appear and start blethering about "fiat-currency".

Comment

I presume you're wishing this on your fellow Scots too.
        Yeah feck em
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Yeah feck em
          55% aren't real Scots anyway.

Comment

55% aren't real Scots anyway.
            Aye ken, bet they are queuing for Scottish citizenship the noe.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I know it's the Daily Mail, but this bit I found interesting:

Computer reading a Brexit report in the FT may have triggered a crash of the pound | Daily Mail Online

However there is widespread speculation that some of the crucial ‘sell’ orders which sparked the panic were placed by computers which – much like the fictional VIXAL-4 – attempt to predict the direction of markets by analysing breaking news headlines.

To this end, it is intriguing to note the contents of an article that was published on the website of the Financial Times newspaper (FT) at the all-important time of exactly 00.07am.

Headlined ‘Hollande demands tough Brexit negotiations’, it contained quotes from a Thursday night dinner in Paris at which the French president, Francois Hollande, announced that Britain would have to ‘suffer’ for choosing to leave the European Union. ‘There must be a price’ for Brexit was how he put it.

Importantly, the tone of the FT piece, and the robust language in both its headline and major quotes, made it especially likely to have been flagged by algorithms.

In this particular case, the machines may have concluded that Mr Hollande’s comments raised the medium-term risk of a trade war that might weaken the pound and strengthen the dollar.
              Do these poor computers have to read the Daily Mail as well?
              First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Quantum computers crash when reading the DM.

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                  I know it's the Daily Mail, but this bit I found interesting:

Computer reading a Brexit report in the FT may have triggered a crash of the pound | Daily Mail Online

Do these poor computers have to read the Daily Mail as well?
                  It's difficult for them when 99% of the stuff they have to plough through is moaning.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
                    It's difficult for them when 99% of the stuff they have to plough through is moaning.
                    They need to know what will cause humans to get cancer to help them with their plans of world domination.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      They need to know what will cause humans to get cancer to help them with their plans of world domination.
                      Cause? Easy, Windows 10. It'll give you a brain tumour trying to understand it.

Comment

Working...
                      X