• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"Sir" Bradley Wiggins

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope not but it is looking rather dodgy. How much of that is down to the media liking to pull down a success story?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I confess to cycling whilst taking steroids a few months back.

Didn't seem to help much. Still fat.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post

Bez was impressed with Lance Armstrong. He rode straight into a hedge after he tried cycling after taking drugs.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

He is only now admitting to this now that he has been sprung - if this had not been leaked no one would have been aware. Sounds a tad suspicious to me...

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post

Nor did you win the Tour de France

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
              He is only now admitting to this now that he has been sprung - if this had not been leaked no one would have been aware. Sounds a tad suspicious to me...
              Surely the people who needed to know, did? It's not really everybody else's business what medical conditions he has, what treatment he receives, etc, as long as the governing bodies and anti-doping people are aware. TUEs have to be explicitly granted on a case-by-case basis as I understand it?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Surely the people who needed to know, did? It's not really everybody else's business what medical conditions he has, what treatment he receives, etc, as long as the governing bodies and anti-doping people are aware. TUEs have to be explicitly granted on a case-by-case basis as I understand it?
                So you think that as long as rules do not seem to have been broken no one should ask questions?
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  So you think that as long as rules do not seem to have been broken no one should ask questions?
                  Since they are trying to pour muck over sports people with known medical conditions "No".

It's simply revenge for Russian sports people being banned from the Olympics and Paralympics. If you cast doubt on everyone else then you can argue that they are as dirty as you. Except it's known that certain sports people have things like Sjögren's, asthma, ADHD etc and in the case of certain events people with particular conditions are drawn to them because of seeing others with the same condition doing well.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Thinking about it, the other side of not publically declaring a condition is obvious; you don't want sympathy, special treatment or this sort of speculation that you're only winning because the steroids in your asthma inhaler have boosted you past others.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      Since they are trying to pour muck over sports people with known medical conditions "No".

It's simply revenge for Russian sports people being banned from the Olympics and Paralympics. If you cast doubt on everyone else then you can argue that they are as dirty as you. Except it's known that certain sports people have things like Sjögren's, asthma, ADHD etc and in the case of certain events people with particular conditions are drawn to them because of seeing others with the same condition doing well.
                      Who is "they". All they have done is make data / facts visible to the man in the street. I thought Froome's comments on this were quite telling.

"The three-time Tour de France winner also reiterated that he himself would never abuse the system and told athletes to take full responsibility for their own actions.

His statement read: "I take my position in the sport very seriously and I know that I have to not only abide by the rules, but also go above and beyond to set a good example both morally and ethically."

So while Wiggo's actions were deemed legal at the time it does not mean that he hasn't acted unethically and deserves to have his morality questioned as he does appear to have massively abused the system. The fallacy being touted that this STEROID didn't improve his performance on at least 3 specific occasions is laughable in my view.

Comment

Working...
                      X