• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"Sir" Bradley Wiggins

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't see what the problem is. He has been diagnosed with a condition, prescribed a drug and declared it.

It may be a non standard treatment but then cycling round France through fields of pollen producing crops is a non standard behaviour. Being able to take one shot prior to the event and not have to worry about the condition or carrying around the various inhalers is reasonable. I say that as an asthmatic who does multiday endurance events.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      Not when the questions seem to be of the "When did you stop beating your wife variety" or the moon missions were fake, tin hat conspiracy ilk. The problem now is, dodgy or not, how do you justify the legal, but confidential administration of drugs without further violating the privacy of the individuals concerned? More interesting is who, how and why did they selectively leak the confidential medical records of key athletes?

Comparing Wiggins to the US Postal Team (Armstrong was the lead member of the doping squad) is a massive stretch.
      A proper question
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
        Who is "they". All they have done is make data / facts visible to the man in the street. I thought Froome's comments on this were quite telling.

"The three-time Tour de France winner also reiterated that he himself would never abuse the system and told athletes to take full responsibility for their own actions.

His statement read: "I take my position in the sport very seriously and I know that I have to not only abide by the rules, but also go above and beyond to set a good example both morally and ethically."

So while Wiggo's actions were deemed legal at the time it does not mean that he hasn't acted unethically and deserves to have his morality questioned as he does appear to have massively abused the system. The fallacy being touted that this STEROID didn't improve his performance on at least 3 specific occasions is laughable in my view.
        Well said
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          I don't see what the problem is. He has been diagnosed with a condition, prescribed a drug and declared it.

It may be a non standard treatment but then cycling round France through fields of pollen producing crops is a non standard behaviour. Being able to take one shot prior to the event and not have to worry about the condition or carrying around the various inhalers is reasonable. I say that as an asthmatic who does multiday endurance events.
          There are too many coincidences and unanswered questions that suggest that there may be systemic wrong doing. After all the Russian doping agents had passed their own athletes as clean. Fortunately they were not taken at face value. The same should apply to the cycling authorities of the UK

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            The same should apply to the cycling authorities of the UK
            Quite. It's a bit like always having a laugh at FIFA's expense when our own Eng Manager is on record trying to describe how to circumvent his employers rules.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
              There are too many coincidences and unanswered questions that suggest that there may be systemic wrong doing. After all the Russian doping agents had passed their own athletes as clean. Fortunately they were not taken at face value. The same should apply to the cycling authorities of the UK
              There isn't.

You are just too thick to actually understand you are talking complete bollocks on a subject you know absolutely nothing about.

Comment

It may be a non standard treatment
                but then cycling round France through fields of pollen producing crops is a non standard behaviour. Being able to take one shot prior to the event and not have to worry about the condition or carrying around the various inhalers is reasonable. I say that as an asthmatic who does multiday endurance events.
                Yeh, a non standard one that just happened to be a steroid and with a huge stoke of extra luck could happen to boost performance.

What a lucky, lucky, lucky barsteward, wonder if he does the lottery
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

There isn't.

You are just too thick to actually understand you are talking complete bollocks on a subject you know absolutely nothing about.
                  Which probably puts me right at the top of the CUK pundit table which is further evidenced by my position as poster of the year . So swivel Loser

Comment

Compared to the case of the disappearing blood bags in Spain, our guys have been guilty of little more than taking aspirin.

On an unrelated subject, isn't it funny how Messi's started getting injured a lot more recently?
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                      Yeh, a non standard one that just happened to be a steroid and with a huge stoke of extra luck could happen to boost performance.

What a lucky, lucky, lucky barsteward, wonder if he does the lottery
                      I am pretty sure all asthma drugs are banned. Mild use of the standard asthma reliever will even get an asthmatic banned, volandri got a 3 month for salbutamol use as directed by a doctor while under a TUE which has absolutely no performance benefits. I doubt the steroid has any benefits as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X