• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sweden in trouble

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Even here in the South of Germany where the gutter press waits with baited breath for the next refugee "incident" to spread all over the interweb is driving them to boredom. You see them walking around, the press that is. See also a few fields with tents, never a peep of disturbance from the refugees arriving. With winter on it's way I'd not be wanting to live in the field, but I guess it beats dodging bullets.

The media must be held accountable for knowingly spreading hate.
    That's interesting, I read that the papers in Sweden and Germany are trying to play down and not report the trouble made by immigrants and refugees. Wonder when then that changed. In Sweden i thought they had stopped describing criminals by ethnicity completely.

Comment

Ah, Oktoberfest. Beer, bacon and boobs. What could possibly go wrong?
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
        What utter overhyped sensationalist bollocks.

I live in Sweden,...
        Did you move to Sweden after you chose your forum name? Just wondering.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
          What utter overhyped sensationalist bollocks.

I live in Sweden, listen to the local and national news daily and none of this is mentioned at all. I've not heard of anyone worrying about such things and so if it does occur it is so small fry in the grand scheme of things it's not worth mentioning. It's kind of like Swedish news reporting on each and every street fight on a Friday / Saturday night in anyone of the tuliphole council estates in the U.K. while claiming the U.K. Is in the process of a coup.

Sweden is so safe compared to the uk it's almost a joke. I regularly forget to lock the car door or house and so do most of the neighbours, there is no theft or crime where we live. I would allow my 11 yr old daughter walk home from a friends late on a Saturday night through the high street and not fear in anyway that something bad would happen to her. I haven't yet seen a street fight or bar brawl ever in the 4 years of living here and I go out regularly. I can't really think of a better definition of safe.

Entirely agree. Having worked in Sweden and being a regular visitor, I think it's a lovely country.

The regular nonsensical islamophobic comments on this forum are a start reminder people can - keeping in mind that income is directly positively correlated with intelligence, in this meritocracy - become high earners and still be absolute morons. I would imagine that the majority of these idiots spouting islam-o-phobia crap and "integration society is doomed!" are of the older generation who hark back to the rubbish past that was the UK in the 1970's.

Buffoons of the highest order.
          In possession of faculties. Almost.

Comment

Originally posted by dundeedude View Post
            Entirely agree. Having worked in Sweden and being a regular visitor, I think it's a lovely country.

The regular nonsensical islamophobic comments on this forum are a start reminder people can - keeping in mind that income is directly positively correlated with intelligence, in this meritocracy - become high earners and still be absolute morons. I would imagine that the majority of these idiots spouting islam-o-phobia crap and "integration society is doomed!" are of the older generation who hark back to the rubbish past that was the UK in the 1970's.

Buffoons of the highest order.
            Has Sweden got a contractors forum? I suppose the wealthy privileged middle classes like you don't have to live with the migrants.
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
              Has Sweden got a contractors forum? I suppose the wealthy privileged middle classes like you don't have to live with the migrants.
              Dundee = wealthy privileged middle classes

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Islam would fit into 13th Century Britain perfectly, ...
                Not so sure about that - From the Statutes of Willilam the Conqueror :

Here is shown what William the king of the English, together With his princes, has established since the Conquest of England.

1. Firstly that, above all things, he wishes one God to lie venerated throughout his whole kingdom, one faith of Christ always to be kept inviolate, peace and security to be observed between the English and the Normans.

:::
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

It sound like the OP would be a migrant in Sweden, you thick twunt.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                    It sound like the OP would be a migrant in Sweden, you thick twunt.
                    Not a poor one though and probably not living anywhere close to the refugees you even thicker twunt
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Not a poor one though and probably not living anywhere close to the refugees you even thicker twunt
                      Indeed it's a bit like me looking out of the window and saying I can see a tree - therefore everywhere I go i will see trees!

Comment

Working...
                      X