• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So Slack

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have this amazing technology called a telephone
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      That's a dog toy.

Comment

Well, if you are using mobiles and receiving those microwaves all the time, it explains why most of the agents I talk to are completely brain dead

e
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

It's quite neat BUT it's another proprietary, hosted tool. Plenty of open-source alternatives out there.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
            Well, if you are using mobiles and receiving those microwaves all the time, it explains why most of the agents I talk to are completely brain dead

e
            You should know that our brains are kept in our trousers/skirts so nowhere near the ears
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              It's quite neat BUT it's another proprietary, hosted tool. Plenty of open-source alternatives out there.
              Any good examples? Am looking for an open source enterprise messaging tool we can host ourselves for "business" purposes. Needs to be secure.

Comment

You should know that our brains are kept in out trousers so nowhere near the ears
                Well there's plenty of space so why not?

Comment

You should know that our brains are kept in out trousers so nowhere near the ears

Ah......

Explains why you scratch the top of your head so much

y
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

This article enthuses about good old IRC and seems to suggest Slack is solving a problem that doesn't really exist. Please don’t use Slack for FOSS projects - Drew DeVault’s Blog

I don't know I quite agree - and he is speaking specifically about FOSS - but we have been using chatrooms for decades quite happily. Others can probably comment on other alternatives.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

We use slack.

Have a channel hooked up to git so you can see deploys etc

also find it useful when we have a 'technical issue' the people fixing it keep posting short but regular updates on where they are

saves having some tit coming in every 5 minutes asking 'when is it going to be fixed' and 'can it be fixed any quicker'

Comment

Working...
                      X