• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh dear: firefighters ballot on strikes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dear: firefighters ballot on strikes

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6116668.stm

Monkies!

I had to cover for them in 2003 and I dont want to have to do it again...they should quit whining and reliase that they have a VERY cushy job. A lot better than most in this country.

Originally posted by BBC
    The long-running firefighters' dispute ended in June 2003 with agreement on a 16% pay increase
    WTF? I suppose that's to make up for the lack of public-funded, index-linked pension at 50.

Comment

"Obviously there is a shortage of fireman, so we should open the doors to all firemen from the new members of the EU.

Sorted.Next."

- John Reid
      Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Hang on a minute, John, where's the period of consultation?

Comment

"I asked tony and he said 'You have my full support'. So feedback was 100% positive on this initiative. Sorted. Next."

- John Reid
          Vieze Oude Man

Comment

sorry?

There are hundreds of quality application for each job. Not a job I want to do but lots of others seem to.

Time for market forces. Lets allow white middle class applicants into the job, alternatively we could let the Poles do it for NMW.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

They wouldn't do it. Cash in hand, maybe.
              Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Working...
              X