• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone ever claimed on Travel Insurance?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't see what you have to claim for. Your flights are separate to the accommodation & you can still go, you just didn't pay for a flexible ticket.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      I haven't suffered a loss
      Cant see what you have to claim for then
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        Bedwetting?

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          Travel insurance doesn't only cover you for a loss, it covers against unexpected changes of circumstances. If I have nowhere to stay then the flights can't be used and I would suffer a loss anyway. Kind of the point of TI... someone right at the start of the thread mentioned cancellation cover.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Travel insurance doesn't only cover you for a loss, it covers against unexpected changes of circumstances. If I have nowhere to stay then the flights can't be used and I would suffer a loss anyway. Kind of the point of TI... someone right at the start of the thread mentioned cancellation cover.

But you haven't had a loss, you just need to change your accommodation.

You're like a whining millennial. Here, hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              But you haven't had a loss, you just need to change your accommodation.
              Really. You book a holiday months in advance and then have to find a new accommodation a few weeks before you're due to travel? Not to mention, if you booked the trip specifically because of the place you'd be staying then it's no longer the same holiday.

If you pay someone money, you ARE entitled to certain things. This is what TI is for, to take away the risk.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Really. You book a holiday months in advance and then have to find a new accommodation a few weeks before you're due to travel? Not to mention, if you booked the trip specifically because of the place you'd be staying then it's no longer the same holiday.

If you pay someone money, you ARE entitled to certain things. This is what TI is for, to take away the risk.
                You've not paid for accommodation and it is no longer available, so you now need to find other accommodation. Unless you specified to the airline (or insurance company) that the only reason for booking the flights was to stay at a particular place and they accepted that, then it's not the airline or the insurance company's problem

Option 2: In future book through a travel agent/tour operator and get them to sort it out as one package rather than you possibly saving a few quid and doing it yourself.

Option 3: in future book fully flexible/refundable flights
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Ah, the bit you wanted to hear

You have already had the money back for that.
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

BTW, you haven't booked a holiday, you booked and paid for some flights and separately you had an email exchange about accommodation, but no deposit was paid for it.
                    You could always ask the cabin owner if he knows of anywhere else nearby you could stay, or you could tell us the area and maybe some of us could give you suggestions.

Last time I visited Finland I was staying just outside Karesuvanto
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X