• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We know Brexit means Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Actually, MarkyMark was the butt of the joke, but the comment itself is still valid.
    It's interesting that in the space of a few minutes in one thread you are complaining about sexual jokes and in another you are making them yourself.

As an aside, a friend of mine went through a sex change process a few years ago, they used to tell me about the pain (mental and physical) of making the decision and the months of drugs and "counselling" that went on where it was explained what would happen and how long it would take until the process was complete. It's not something to be entered into lightly.
    I'm not complaining about sexual jokes. If you can't tell the difference between a sexual joke and a transphobic joke then #YACNCOTBAM.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      I'm not complaining about sexual jokes. If you can't tell the difference between a sexual joke and a transphobic joke then #YACNCOTBAM.

What was transphobic about my comment?
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        What was transphobic about my comment?
        You were implying that there is something funny about the OP having a lover who is a pre-op transexual.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          You were implying that there is something funny about the OP having a lover who is a pre-op transexual.

So, you took offence at me mentioning MarkyMark.
          If I had just said that the Brexit situation as described by Dim Prawn was like a pre-op transsexual, would that have been offensive to you?
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Can't wait for the Brexit Shenningans to kick off. Will be totally entertaining to see reality intrude into fantasyland.
            Unlike many people I didn't stay in a Remain bubble so I'm completely fine when I meet Leavers.
            Usually I let them rant on for a while (which they do) and then ask - what % of the world economy is Britain do you think? The answers I've had so far ranged from 8% to, believe it or not, 20%.

The state of educashun nowadays, eh?
            What has the "what % of the world economy is Britain" got to do with arguments over Brexit?
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
              What has the "what % of the world economy is Britain" got to do with arguments over Brexit?
              I rest my case.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

I rest my case.
                In other words you don't have one. You believe that the art of winning an argument is to make people look less intelligent by virtue of the fact that you know facts that they do not. This concept in itself displays an act of stupidity beyond anything that any other idiot can craft.
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  In other words you don't have one.
                  That's a possibility.
                  Another possibility is that I indeed have a point, but my point is wrong/invalid.
                  Yet another possibility is that my point is right but you're not smart enough to get it.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

That's a possibility.
                    Another possibility is that I indeed have a point, but my point is wrong/invalid.
                    Yet another possibility is that my point is right but you're not smart enough to get it.
                    I am not even smart enough to see that you have made a point at all

Comment

2 Months After ‘Brexit’ Vote, Britain’s Push to Leave E.U. Is a Muddle

Not got a @£$£ clue. Just embarrassing.

2 Months After ‘Brexit’ Vote, Britain’s Push to Leave E.U. Is a Muddle

LONDON — Since Britain’s vote in June to quit the European Union, its government has promised repeatedly to make a success of withdrawal, known as Brexit.

More than two months later, however, it still cannot say how.

On Wednesday, Prime Minister Theresa May called cabinet ministers to a brainstorming session about the withdrawal, pledging to examine “the next steps” for Britain and to identify “opportunities that are now open to us as we forge a new role” in the world.

However, in ministerial offices, where turf wars have rapidly broken out, advocates of the withdrawal have discovered that four decades of European integration have left Britain so deeply embedded in the 28-nation bloc that there is no easy escape route.

British officials currently have neither the expertise nor the staff for the tortuous exit negotiations, which are likely to last at least three years and possibly much longer. Some analysts have even said they might take a decade.

But perhaps what they lack most of all is a game plan.

“At the moment, they haven’t got a clue,” said Charles Grant, director of the Center for European Reform, a London-based research institute. “It is such a difficult challenge with such disparate leaders at the top of government, with such different views, that they are trying to work out how to respond.”
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X