• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Evidence the Scots Would Have Been Just Fine on Thier Own

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evidence the Scots Would Have Been Just Fine on Thier Own

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...s-15bn-deficit
    The Chunt of Chunts.

I notice that the Crankie has stopped banging on about independence lately!

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
      I notice that the Crankie has stopped banging on about independence lately!
      Don't expect that to last, she (and her party) is a one trick pony and without that issue to bray about they would be well and truly stuck.

Of course the financial case was never sound even before the oil revenue fall, but this really does add some icing and sparkles to their delightful turd of a claimed sound fiscal footing.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
        Don't expect that to last, she (and her party) is a one trick pony and without that issue to bray about they would be well and truly stuck.

Of course the financial case was never sound even before the oil revenue fall
        , but this really does add some icing and sparkles to their delightful turd of a claimed sound fiscal footing.
        Yep, agreed total fantasy island stuff
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
          She will do a BoJo if they ever get it.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

At what point did Scotland keep oil tax revenue in the past 40 years? Westminster squandered it. Common knowledge.

Scotland's public sector, a monster that needs culled, serves a chunk of the UK not just Scotland. It's crass to include public sector spending when Scotland is not the only beneficiary.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              At what point did Scotland keep oil tax revenue in the past 40 years? Westminster squandered it. Common knowledge.

Scotland's public sector, a monster that needs culled, serves a chunk of the UK not just Scotland. It's crass to include public sector spending when Scotland is not the only beneficiary.
              Mostly correct - splitting 2 nations apart is never going to be easy, Westminster didn't squander it, it all went into the pot, that's how the system works.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                You could say exactly the same about London tax revenue and the rest of the country, so I don't really know what your point is
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                  You could say exactly the same about London tax revenue and the rest of the country, so I don't really know what your point is
                  As far as I can tell Scots Indy people only see Scotland as a single entity, bit like Irish nationalists. In both cases their cause is more on an ideology than a hard headed decision. Personally I am deeply saddened that some Scottish folk consider 'Westminster' as they like to call it (although I am sure it is meant to read English) far worse - despite 300-years of relatively successful combined history - than chumming up with the EU. What is always a mystery is why the SNP never really seem to mention Wales and Northern Ireland when trying to put the boot into the UK. Perhaps because a significant percentage of the latter has very strong ties to Scotland.

Make no mistake Nicola Sturgeon has not gone away (to pinch Gerry Adams' famous words). Never underestimate her. Her current angle to her unforeseen (and potential fatal had there been independence) loss of oil revenue has been to come up with a supposed 'Brexit cost' for Scotland. This is the current line of attack.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                    As far as I can tell Scots Indy people only see Scotland as a single entity.
                    Perhaps that's something to do with the fact that over the past 40+ years Scotland gets a government it din't vote for. And suffers and suffers.

Scotland is politically different from the rUK. End of.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X