• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Corbyn pledges bus service reforms

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Thackerays restaurant and Hotel De Vin are very nice, but the traffic in Tunbridge Wells is truly terrible.
    Hotel DU Vin is not what it was.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
      Hotel DU Vin is not what it was.
      Really, shame?
      The TW one was really good, we always got a room upgrade each time the Mrs stayed there on business

@Lockhouse, saw one of the cars in your profile pic, just the other day..
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        Really, shame?
        The TW one was really good, we always got a room upgrade each time the Mrs stayed there on business

@Lockhouse, saw one of the cars in your profile pic, just the other day..
        Rooms are still OK. Bistro is variable.

A '59 Caddy? We're actually bereft of classics at the moment, but have plans.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
          Rooms are still OK. Bistro is variable.
          Shame, I thought the food was pretty good, however Thackerays was the place to eat in TW, for me.
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

It's one of the few things I agree with Jezza on. Nationalised public transport system. If we're going to reduce our carbon footprint, getting polluting HGVs off the road and on to electrified, dedicated freight lines is the way to go. That and not having three separate entities running the railway system, all competing to deliver their own targets.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              It's one of the few things I agree with Jezza on. Nationalised public transport system. If we're going to reduce our carbon footprint, getting polluting HGVs off the road and on to electrified, dedicated freight lines is the way to go. That and not having three separate entities running the railway system, all competing to deliver their own targets.
              You don't remember BR then?
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Sounds wonderful until you realise Nationalised means Unionised.

Nothing will run. If they aren't on strike for a 20 hour week and 15% pay increase, it will be every task requires a worker and no one can do anyone else's work.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  You don't remember BR then?
                  Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Sounds wonderful until you realise Nationalised means Unionised.

Nothing will run. If they aren't on strike for a 20 hour week and 15% pay increase, it will be every task requires a worker and no one can do anyone else's work.
                  That's the difference between Jezza and I. I wouldn't want BR 2.0, I'd want BR plc, where it's owned by the government but run by someone with SLAs and deemed an essential service, making strikes implementable because it can cost other people money and potentially jobs (us, for example!).
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Given that, 20? years after privatisation, we're still being packed into shyte like this, any sort of a change would be a win

Comment

That's the difference between Jezza and I. I wouldn't want BR 2.0, I'd want BR plc, where it's owned by the government but run by someone with SLAs and deemed an essential service, making strikes implementable because it can cost other people money and potentially jobs (us, for example!).
                      Although generally against the idea, I feel there are certain things that should be owned by the public in the national interest. Off the top of my head they would be transport, energy and defence.

Comment

Working...
                      X