• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SIPP Madness

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    . Does anyone want to work out how their SIPP values have changed in USD terms?
    Down 2%
    "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Very little to do with QE, lots to do with currencies.

Quite a lot of FTSE 100 stocks trade in assets that are denominated in dollars. Those assets are now worth a lot more in pounds than they were before Brexit vote. That increase is all pure profit, boosting the value of the companies in question. This has raised their sp. E.g. look at BP and Shell from the day after the vote.

Other stocks such as the insurers were hit, predominantly due to capital reserve and investment concerns, although these have started to recover as concerns have dissipated. E.g. aviva

Comment

After trying to buy some oil companies when oil started dropping last year - I thought it had hit rock bottom at 40/barrel and went in - but it kept going down. So I have 4 oil companies that are dragging down my portfolio. Other than that I went abit crazy on the diversification with about 25 funds. They usually seem to cancel out, but generally I am up. As you can tell I am not quite sure what I am doing, but doing better managing my own sipp than when standard life was, which makes me wonder if they knew what they were doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Einstein Jnr View Post
          which makes me wonder if they knew what they were doing.
          I'm sure once you understand the charges you will realise they know exactly what they were doing.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            Does anyone want to work out how their SIPP values have changed in USD terms?
            No, as I only ever plan to drawdown on it in sterling
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
            X