• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bank Of England Base Rate News

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Please don't accuse him/her/it of being a sockpuppet and a liar, it's been "verified" by the Admin team that he/she/it is a "real" poster. That's such an efficient process with no history of it being a complete sham and total lie in the past that your accusation will be rejected.

Yes we all know the ID is just yet another trolling sockpuppet, but we're all supposed to be too stupid to have noticed.
    To be fair, I think he's so thick he doesn't even realise it himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Forgotmylogin View Post
      To be fair, I think he's so thick he doesn't even realise it himself.
      Something he shares with many on this forum ...

Comment

Originally posted by CretinWatcher View Post
        Something he shares with many on this forum ...
        I'm not sharing anything. These idiots can say/ believe what they want. I'll carry on regardless. 52% are idiots to be exact. More than half on this forum too.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
          I don't think they will cut rates on this occasion.
          Of course you don't.

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
            I'm not sharing anything. These idiots can say/ believe what they want. I'll carry on regardless. 52% are idiots to be exact. More than half on this forum too.
            52% is more than half on any forum. Although by law of average, you regurgitate so much nonsense you were bound to get lucky at some stage.

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
              I like made up stats too .

How about 95% of this forum think you are a complete fecking, thick as mince, chunt
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Forgotmylogin View Post
                I'm confused.

We were warned that if the UK voted for Brexit it would mean interest rates would go up and no-one would be able to pay their mortgages.

You're not telling me that yet another of the pre-vote warnings was wrong are you?
                Long term.

Think of Brexit like the progression of a disease, and higher interest rates as a symptom of "advanced Brexit".

Firstly there is a an economic shock that will require interest rates to go down to prevent a "cardi(Brexit)ac arrest", in this phase the pound will go down and the economy will shrink as everyone gets poorer. Eventually sometime after Brexit the country will adjust to a post Brexit state of lower growth and higher interest rates as the pound loses its reserve currency status.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

In truth do you think they will raise rates significantly just to shore up the value of Sterling?

There's going to be adjustment, that was always inevitable whichever way the vote went.
                  Personally I think the fallout from a Remain vote would have been rather nasty as the UK would have been labelled as the EU's new biotch and the currency seen as weakened, but that's purely speculation.

I doubt there will be a collapse in the long term value of Sterling as a result of Brexit and with the interest rates all over the planet being extremely low I can't see the UK rates being rammed up high unless inflation runs away and that looks extremely unlikely.

Comment

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/aefbbef6-5...#axzz4GNiAePk6

Waiting to see the Brexit pensioners die a painful death

Comment

I guess that's your one contribution to Society. You're unlikely to be a strain on the OAP services.

Comment

Working...
                      X