• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Star Trek Beyond

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Some more for consideration....

28 weeks later?

National Lampoons Chistmas Vacation?

Die Hard 3?

Lord of the Rings: Return of The King without a doubt.

Bourne Supremacy too

Oh and half of the Harry Potter movies

Does Revenge of the Sith being better than The Phantom Menace count?

Lethal Weapon 2 for Patsy Kensit.
    OLW2Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwC_IaY3BmY
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Sci-fi has been going down hill since Dark Star (1974) and Silent Running (1972) Imho

I also went to see Star Trek at the weekend.
      Glad I was not watching in 3D I think the jerki-vision scenes would have made me a bit sea sick.
      I thought it might actually be a bit tongue in cheek though, who thought some of those rocks looked like they were from the first series?
      So now I am worried, am I being deceived, just how much sugar is really in a spoon full!

Comment

Originally posted by DallasDad View Post
        Sci-fi has been going down hill since Dark Star (1974) and Silent Running (1972) Imho

Glad I was not watching in 3D I think the jerki-vision scenes would have made me a bit sea sick.
        I thought it might actually be a bit tongue in cheek though, who thought some of those rocks looked like they were from the first series?
        Blade Runner wasn't bad, but sci-fi really doesn't do it for me. An ocean of crap with an occasional (and by occasional, I mean once every decade or two) decent plot. I have reached the conclusion that Sci-fi is most probably for losers. Discuss...
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Apart from Hollywood's obsession with PKD have they bought the rights to any modern Sci-Fi? Probably not, as most of the good ones are by British authors.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            Blade Runner wasn't bad, but sci-fi really doesn't do it for me. An ocean of crap with an occasional (and by occasional, I mean once every decade or two) decent plot. I have reached the conclusion that Sci-fi is most probably for losers. Discuss...
            Better to read sci-fi than watch it these days, Iain M Banks, Neal Asher, Stephen Baxter and Alastair Reynolds are all worth looking up.

Comment

Originally posted by DallasDad View Post

Especially that rock Pegg picked up when he was with the alien girl

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
              Star Wars aside, I'm not generally a sci-fi fan; I want to be entertained with this stuff, not have a parable-styled film. Classic good vs evil; Demolition Man, Total Recall (the original of course!), Blade, that sort of thing. Some of the quirkier ones can be good, like The Fifth Element. By that barometer, Guardians of the Galaxy should appeal but doesn't. I guess now it's on Netflix, I don't have to waste money on it. I need to rewatch Blade Runner, I really do. I haven't seen it since I was about 15.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by westtester View Post
                Better to read sci-fi than watch it these days, Iain M Banks, Neal Asher, Stephen Baxter and Alastair Reynolds are all worth looking up.
                I've enjoyed the Star Wars extended universe stuff, particularly the Thrawn trilogy and the Jedi Academy trilogy.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

This thread is about IT contractors conforming to stereotype
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                    Some more for consideration....

28 weeks later?

National Lampoons Chistmas Vacation?

Die Hard 3?

Lord of the Rings: Return of The King without a doubt.

Bourne Supremacy too

Oh and half of the Harry Potter movies

Does Revenge of the Sith being better than The Phantom Menace count?

Lethal Weapon 2 for Patsy Kensit.
                    Godfather II
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                      This thread is about IT contractors conforming to stereotype
                      If it was, I'd have been saying how wonderfully nerdgasmic the new Star Trek film was. Run along and sell your gran.

Comment

Working...
                      X