• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How do I post a jpeg from my local drive?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stek View Post
    Shirley though the browser will then look on the local client's C drive if it's there and find nothing? The board software doesn't upload it, it merely links to it, and we can't link to CM's local drives...
    If you put a URL to an image in the IMG thingy and the image changes on t'interweb then the image changes on CUK. But I'm a simple Arts graduate with no techie know-how so excuse me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      If you put a URL to an image in the IMG thingy and the image changes on t'interweb then the image changes on CUK. But I'm a simple Arts graduate with no techie know-how so excuse me if I'm wrong.
      But we know how to link to an image via URL. I'm wondering if we can upload from our local machines, but it doesn't seem feasible, regardless of how many times everyone here tells me they've seen Dim's penis.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
        But we know how to link to an image via URL. I'm wondering if we can upload from our local machines, but it doesn't seem feasible.
        It is feasible, but I'll warrant Admin has disabled it due to storage/bandwidth concerns.

Comment

May have been suggested but not read the whole thread...copy pic to a Word doc and click on save as jpeg to the required location from within Word.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
            May have been suggested but not read the whole thread...copy pic to a Word doc and click on save as jpeg to the required location from within Word.
            Prolly best if you read the whole thread!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              It is feasible, but I'll warrant Admin has disabled it due to storage/bandwidth concerns.
              I seem to remember we used to have inline image uploads but abused it horribly in some way.

Comment

Simplest solution is to find an image on the Internet that looks similar to the one on your hard drive.

For example, here's the photo of the time I was kidnapped. Well, something like that.

Comment

I don't understand why I can't upload from my personal disk?

I give up.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                    But we know how to link to an image via URL. I'm wondering if we can upload from our local machines, but it doesn't seem feasible, regardless of how many times everyone here tells me they've seen Dim's penis.
                    If it's really small they may have mixed it up with Baggy's, which in online.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      If it's really small they may have mixed it up with Baggy's, which in online.
                      I was trying to post a pic of my smashed up hard disk (above), not Dim's mashed up soft d1ck.

Comment

Working...
                      X