• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Merged thread concerning attacks in Europe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Political refugees are few are far between.
    In WWII, they weren’t allowed to roam freely in the UK; they were interned in the IOM. Moreover, those Germans who were refugeesin WWII were grateful for any shelter unlike todays refugees who pick and choose a country and expect instant accommodation, food and living allowance.
    The UK wasn't a neutral country, as per my previous statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Torygraph
      Syrian asylum seeker blew himself up with a backbomb bomb in a German bar after he was turned away from a music festival in southern Germany, injuring 12 people.
      Sounds like he blew himself up as a tantrum for not being let in.

PC feckwits are struggling to understand that the immigrant terriorist wanted to blowup IN the music festival.

Comment

We do have a duty to take in people fleeing war and/or persecution. How would you suggest ensuring that none of them will commit criminal offences?
        If you mean moral rather than legal, I disagree with 1st sentence. In a world of over 7bn people, many in poor, repressive or conflict ridden societies, there must be limits if we do not want to destroy our own society.

Obviously, we can't fully check those we do take but we should get rid of those who are significant danger. Why is it right to protect somebody from risk of harm and then wrong to protect our own citizens from risk of harm?
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

looks like operation give the Germans hell is underway.

I wonder how much longer Merkel will last?
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
            PC feckwits are struggling to understand that the immigrant terriorist wanted to blowup IN the music festival.

Good point. Shows the media are trying to downplay these seemingly daily attrocities as much as they can.

So how are we to feel if we voted to leave the EU in part for better control of our borders and the EU still don't seem to want to address that issue they have themselves with all the mentally ill immigrants/refugees they've let in? If the EU don't reform their own policies then it's not the UK's fault if other members get as fed up with it all as we have and want change too.

It seems obvious that if the EU are so worried about the UK leaving (not 100% certain yet regardless of the chatter) then they should address the issues affecting those still firmly in the EU and the reasons for brexit may go away.

Though that will mean them giving up the EU superstate dream, which strangely the jocks seem to want yet be independent from the UK. I guess one gives them massively more benefits than the other.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
              Good point. Shows the media are trying to downplay these seemingly daily attrocities as much as they can.

So how are we to feel if we voted to leave the EU in part for better control of our borders and the EU still don't seem to want to address that issue they have themselves with all the mentally ill immigrants/refugees they've let in? If the EU don't reform their own policies then it's not the UK's fault if other members get as fed up with it all as we have and want change too.

It seems obvious that if the EU are so worried about the UK leaving (not 100% certain yet regardless of the chatter) then they should address the issues affecting those still firmly in the EU and the reasons for brexit may go away.

Though that will mean them giving up the EU superstate dream, which strangely the jocks seem to want yet be independent from the UK. I guess one gives them massively more benefits than the other.
              Wait for NW2PC to come here and puke his bile on you

Comment

#SaferIn

Comment

Migrants generally have higher rates of mental health problems due to the stresses involved. Higher rates of crime among young migrant males are not a far right invention either. None of these recent high profile incidents are unrelated to migration.

In the mall shooting we had a male of Iranian heritage said to have been bullied by Turks and Arabs in particular. It may not have been a terrorist shooting but may have been related to tensions within Islam. Tensions that without mass, uncontrolled immigration, we would not need to have in Europe.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post

#SaferIn
                    Looks like the guy on the right has had a tofu overdose. RIPIP
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                      Higher rates of crime among young migrant males are not a far right invention either.
                      An interesting paper here if you're interested:

This paper examines the relationship between immigration and crime in a setting where large migration flows offer an opportunity to carefully appraise whether the populist view that immigrants cause crime is borne out by rigorous evidence. We consider possible crime effects from two large waves of immigration that recently occurred in the UK. The first of these was the late 1990s/early 2000s wave of asylum seekers, and the second the large inflow of workers from EU accession countries that took place from 2004. A simple economics of crime model, when dovetailed with facts about the relative labour market position of these migrant groups, suggests net returns to criminal activity are likely to be very different for the two waves. In fact, we show that the first wave led to a small rise in property crime, whilst the second wave had no such impact. There was no observable effect on violent crime for either wave. Nor were immigrant arrest rates different to natives. Evidence from victimization data also suggests that the changes in crime rates during the immigrant waves cannot be ascribed to crimes against immigrants. Overall, our findings suggest that focusing on the limited labour market opportunities of asylum seekers could have beneficial effects on crime rates.
                      Crime and immigration: evidence from large immigrant waves - LSE Research Online

Comment

Working...
                      X