• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShandyDrinker View Post

While I can see arguments on both sides I think descending into negative campaigning (and I think it's only going to get worse) is not the right approach.
    Depends what side you're on. The Scotland better together referendum camp was entirely negative and fear based. It worked.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      The leaders if big businesses have 1 interest and that is lining their own pockets.
      If they can't make money from investment into UK then they'll invest elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        If they can't make money from investment into UK then they'll invest elsewhere.
        There are plenty of UK companies who can fill the gap. And they will pay a lot more tax.

The economic argument is unproven either way.

The question is - do you want to be run by uncaring idiots in London or Berlin?

I am oiling up my Lederhosen

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          There are plenty of UK companies who can fill the gap. And they will pay a lot more tax.
          Oh really? Name one large British owned car company.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            As do most large businesses.
            But the significant majority don't. Do you remember Cameron's opening gambit trying to get FTSE100 companies to sign for remain. The word was it was going to be 60-70%. Actual figure was 33% which they still announced hoping joe public couldn't subtract 33 from 100.

Wouldn't it be better to say Brexit would hit sasguru in the pocket and just leave it at that?

Comment

The Brexit camp wheel are really flying off now

The boomers sold them all, during the great plunder of land, oil, and gold.

Now we have zero hours wipe old people's arses contracts.
              http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Internal circulation of same money can only go so far, the real wealth is created when money come from ELSEWHERE via exports.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post

Wouldn't it be better to say Brexit would hit sasguru in the pocket and just leave it at that?
                  Dunno if it would. I'm mortgage free, and have solid skills.
                  It's far more likely to hurt the more vulnerable in the long run. I believe it will permanently harm the country.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Even Little Tykes is American

FFS - when did they get 'eyes' ?!?

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                      The boomers sold them all, during the great plunder of land, oil, and gold.

Now we have zero hours wipe old people's arses contracts.
                      I don't think any of the car companies were "sold".
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X