• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Yes, it happens in equities too, even in share indexes. You may recall Flash Boys by Michael Lewis.
    I saw it happen to the HFX long before it went fits up. Unfortunately I was on the wrong end of it at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
      It's the same with other parts of the UK. In Nothern Ireland EU and Northern Irish students pay about £3600/year where as GB students the full £9K/year.
      Students fees were brought back by the lib dems, no? Like turkeys for Christmas you can't now go around blaming Christ for being born on Dec 25th.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
        It was definitely an error. They will identify where at some point.
        Error was made on June 23rd I believe.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Students fees were brought back by the lib dems, no?
          No. It was the Coalition - which was primarily Tory.

LibDems sacrificed their principals for their chance to get their hands on the levers of power.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            No. It was the Coalition - which was primarily Tory.

LibDems sacrificed their principals for their chance to get their hands on the levers of power.
            Indeed, which led to Nick Clegg doing this

(I think Labour introduced tuition fees, the coalition increased them and somehow got Nick Clegg to take all the flack for it)
            Taking a break from contracting

Comment

"Thanks Brexit, now we are paying ~£405million a week to the EU instead of £350million!"

Comment

[Merged]Brexit stuff

"Thanks Brexit, now we are paying ~£405million a week to the EU instead of £350million!"

Wow, so instead of the PROMISED/PLEDGED/IN WRITING £350million a week for the NHS, by delaying the exit a few months, the NHS will now be receiving £405million every single week. Excellent. Brexit really is going to benefit the NHS!
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

We were never paying £350m
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    We were never paying £350m
                    No, it was £375m.

I'm guessing Scooters seen the ONS figure which shows what we really pay (before rebate). Nothing to do with Brexit.

Comment

Error was made on June 23rd I believe.
                      No. Yesterday was the 6th October, even in your world. (Time differences. May have been 7th).

Comment

Working...
                      X