• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fat Sam unveiled as new In-ger-lund Manager

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
    ... Look where that got us.
    Can't polish a turd, or a team of them.

Two semi finals in 50 years. And to think Spain used to be classed as the perennial underachievers.

Bite the bullet and merge the home nations into one GB team. Can then have a crack at the Olympics and let the women do the same (like they were allowed to for London 2012). The jocks won't be so keen to leave the UK if they manage to get to the big tournaments too.

Oh, and get a proper video ref installed instead of those useless s stood next to the goals. If they can make it work in cricket, rugby, and tennis there's no excuse for not having a video ref for goals/penalties or any other big decision where play has already fookin stopped.

Football is full of s from the team all the way up to FIFA. As Bob Hoskins once said, "I've tulip em".
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      I thought it was his assertion that disabled people were disabled because they'd been bad people in a previous life. Or did I imagine that?
      No you didn't.

There was some hoo-ha about the comment & then Blair said he should be sacked & he was.

Could have been managed differently IMO.

I also seem to recall that Hoddle didn't want to play Beckham because he thought he wasnt mentally fit. Then Ferguson stuck his oar in ,Hoddle caved in and played Beckham.

Look how that turned out

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        I thought it was his assertion that disabled people were disabled because they'd been bad people in a previous life. Or did I imagine that?
        Maybe his whacky reincarnation opinions would be more tolerated these days seeing as you can't blame religion for anything now.

Comment

I'd have chosen Hoddle as well he's tactically astute (okay he got somethings wrong v Argentina in '98 but he should have got more than one tournament) but there wasn't much to choose from was there?

Also the Elieen Drewey thing became a stick to beat him with but the football he played was decent.

FatSam will get you out of a relegation battle but maybe that's the level of England team at the moment.

They've (The FA) taken a gut reaction on the last game v Iceland where there was no desire, no passion, no plan, no nothing. FatSam will change that but them so could've every man/women/child who watched it. How many misplaced passes from Rooneythat night but no bollocking from Hodgson? He was only bothered what he looked like on the big jumbotron in the stadium.

qh
          He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post

Two semi finals in 50 years. And to think Spain used to be classed as the perennial underachievers.

Bite the bullet and merge the home nations into one GB team. Can then have a crack at the Olympics and let the women do the same (like they were allowed to for London 2012). The jocks won't be so keen to leave the UK if they manage to get to the big tournaments too.

Oh, and get a proper video ref installed instead of those useless s stood next to the goals. If they can make it work in cricket, rugby, and tennis there's no excuse for not having a video ref for goals/penalties or any other big decision where play has already fookin stopped.

Football is full of s from the team all the way up to FIFA. As Bob Hoskins once said, "I've tulip em".
            I noticed yesterday they've finally changed the rules on agressive behaviour against the refs but twenty years too late.

qh
            He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post

We've had goal line technology in the Prem last season. Worked well.

Oh, by the way, Elivs is dead and the Berlin Wall has come down.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                Getting Bolton to the Europa League was hardly a relegation battle.

He's a very good coach; I'd rather have had him take over from Fergie than DFM.
                Wonder what the F stands for....
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

If they MUST have stipulated an Englishman then they should have gone for Harry Redknapp before Fat Sam. He has never won anything worthwhile as a club manager and I fully expect him to take that form into the England job.
                  You need a proven international manager if you want to win things, so at the moment that rules all englishmen out of the role. Even Klinsmann would have been a better choice.
                  “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
                    I noticed yesterday they've finally changed the rules on agressive behaviour against the refs but twenty years too late.

qh

Yeah saw that, not just aggression but swearing too. Is John Terry still playing? Those dumbasses will be sent off every other game (if normal one match ban applies).
                    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
                      I'd have chosen Hoddle as well he's tactically astute (okay he got somethings wrong v Argentina in '98 but he should have got more than one tournament) but there wasn't much to choose from was there?

Also the Elieen Drewey thing became a stick to beat him with but the football he played was decent.

FatSam will get you out of a relegation battle but maybe that's the level of England team at the moment.

They've (The FA) taken a gut reaction on the last game v Iceland where there was no desire, no passion, no plan, no nothing. FatSam will change that but them so could've every man/women/child who watched it. How many misplaced passes from Rooneythat night but no bollocking from Hodgson? He was only bothered what he looked like on the big jumbotron in the stadium.

qh
                      I think you'll find what he said about disabled people really did for him.
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X