• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Attempted Turkish coup

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I thought I had woke up in the 1970s this morning.
    I've felt that every morning since June 24th.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Comment

Ta for that. Chris Bryant added to my loony list.

Mind you, I suppose he could be partly right if "contributed to" is about 1.2%.

PS I actually mean 1.2073856012% but didn't want to be too pedantic. My infallible mathematical models of human societies are typically accurate to within 0.0000001%.
        Last edited by xoggoth; 16 July 2016, 18:30.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Slightly more seriously, Erdogan is taking Turkey backwards. Not sure yet if this "attempted coupe" was by those seeking to restore real democracy to a country increasingly leaning in an authoritarian and Islamist direction under Erdogan by those following in the footsteps of Ataturk. If it was, good luck to them. Been to Turkey on various occasions, and, while I realise that those in tourist areas are not necessarily typical of people in the country as whole, sure very many there do not want this backward crap imposed on them.

Not a Boris fan but liked this:

The story behind Boris Johnson's 'President Erdogan' poem | Coffee House

PS Mind you, as a Satanist, I have to query why having sex with goats is derogatory. I only became a Satanist so I could kiss goats' bottoms.
          PPS When I'm sober I prefer pigs.
          bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Ta for that. Chris Bryant added to my loony list.
            Bianca Jagger tweeted a link to a slightly bizarre PNSFW list of MPs that voted for the Iraq war along with notes on each...

List of UK MPs who voted for Iraq War - Metapedia

...the entry on Bryant was interesting

Connected to Common Purpose. Infamous homosexual exhibitionist, brags about loving "rimming" and "fisting". Connected to Labour Friends of Israel.

Comment

Don't really care about rimming and fisting, not relevant.

PS Rimming Ladies tho. Mmmmm.
              PPS Fisting! F' ;ell, that must be painful! Do they do footing? Or heading?
              bloggoth

Comment

Lucky Corbyn probably won't get elected: British Army 'could stage mutiny under Corbyn', says senior serving general | UK Politics | News | The Independent
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Not the kind of thing that happens in Britain. We are a grown up country that has been doing democracy for a thousand years. These Turkish winkers are embarassing amateurs. Everyone knows if Corbyn was elected then MI5 would take him out whilst the army was busy tearing up and down Salisbury Plain with their phones on airplane mode. Nice and neat, no dramas, we all go home happy.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                    Not the kind of thing that happens in Britain. We are a grown up country that has been doing democracy for a thousand years. These Turkish winkers are embarassing amateurs. Everyone knows if Corbyn was elected then MI5 would take him out whilst the army was busy tearing up and down Salisbury Plain with their phones on airplane mode. Nice and neat, no dramas, we all go home happy.
                    MI5 wouldn't do such a thing.

Corbyn would decide to go to his allotment one evening because he needed to water his marrows and be found dead the next morning due to committing suicide...
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                      Don't really care about rimming and fisting, not relevant.

PS Rimming Ladies tho. Mmmmm.
                      PPS Fisting! F' ;ell, that must be painful! Do they do footing? Or heading?
                      Morning lad!

Comment

Working...
                      X