• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Prime Day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phil Rouge View Post
    No, fell out the back of the car when I was unloading.
    How many bodies do you normally store in the boot?

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      Not a whiskey man personally - how's this?
      https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B017YSLS...HV000MJW3NSETX
      Have just ordered - will let you know what I think!

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
        How many bodies do you normally store in the boot?
        If it was as big as yours it would be a quarter or less.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I do want a kindle.

At least I think; I dropped mine the other day & now the screen's gone kaput.

It was in a hardcase & only fell a couple of feet so I am slight;ly concerned about the robustness. It was a kindle paperwhite.

Think I paid £160 4 years ago.

How do you get the Prime deals? Do you have to be a Prime sunscriber or just sign up to a trial?
          You may be as well to look on eBay for a replacement screen. I broke my keyboard one last year, so considered replacing it myself.

£30 on eBay for a new screen; £35 for a new screen plus someone to replace it and have it sent back recorded delivery to me. Two days later it was back - which was quicker than the replacement Kindle took to arrive from Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by missinggreenfields View Post
            You may be as well to look on eBay for a replacement screen. I broke my keyboard one last year, so considered replacing it myself.

£30 on eBay for a new screen; £35 for a new screen plus someone to replace it and have it sent back recorded delivery to me. Two days later it was back - which was quicker than the replacement Kindle took to arrive from Amazon
            I found a site that will do a replacement screen for £64 (mine's the 2013 model) but eBay seems to be the way to go.

Knockout, Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by missinggreenfields View Post

I found a site that will do a replacement screen for £64 (mine's the 2013 model) but eBay seems to be the way to go.

Knockout, Thanks!
              Are you feckers really cut out to be contractors?

Comment

Anyone know what the low down is with the kindle 3G?

I'm under the impression that it allows you to connect & download books pretty much wherever you are in the world but does it allow you to browse the internet?

The Kindle experimental web browser was pretty woeful on the device I had before. Just wondering if there have ben any improvements.
                My Kindle seems to give me free 3G access anywhere in the world although I've seen some stories about them introducing fees - certainly if you send files to your Kindle (another neat feature most people don't know of) and it downloads over 3G you get charged IIRC.

Very handy not to need WiFi to buy books and I have used it as an emergency browser for gmail in the past though it is pretty bad. The screen isn't designed for this stuff.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Watched The Martian for 99p yesterday*. Most other recent movies on my list are £3.45 today and weren't in their 99p offer over the weekend, which is disappointing.

* Can order during the promo price but then have 30 days to start the 48 hour rental window.
                  Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

I was looking at the price of their lawn mowers as I had to buy one a couple of weeks ago.

They have put the suggested retail price not the price they were selling them at 2 weeks ago.

So if you buy one you get about £15-20 of if you are lucky.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Just ordered some Philips Hue light bulbs, and a 2m led strip

don't need them for another 6 months (planning house renovation), but will take the savings where I can get them

Comment

Working...
                      X