• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The official 'I lost my job/contract because of Brexit' thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Best news I've heard in ages - so we can deport him / it, then. He can take his squirrels with him. And his whiny arse.
    Whats yer beef with AtW lad? He is alrite, in't he?

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
      +1

Also, I own shares in consumer discretionary, including furniture retailers, which could take a massive hit.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
        +1

It's the British way to knock the successful. He is our 'last post of 2015' winner.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          +100

It's the British way to knock the successful. He will be our 'last post of 2016' winner.
          FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            FTFY

Comment

I'm waiting for Cameron, Gove, Johnson or Farage to post here.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                I'm waiting for Cameron, Gove, Johnson or Farage to post here.
                I thought that Farage was already posting here as 'Dimprawn'.

Comment

Current project due to end 25/07/16.

The next one I was lined up for has been canned due to financial backing being pulled from commercial builds post referendum.

Not sure what happens next as many tenders were put on hold to see what happened with the vote & unsurprisingly they have not come back.

If construction has remained the bellwether it has always been to the economy then it looks like a recession in on its way.

“interesting times”

Voted remain.
                  Growing old is mandatory
                  Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
                    Current project due to end 25/07/16.

The next one I was lined up for has been canned due to financial backing being pulled from commercial builds post referendum.

Not sure what happens next as many tenders were put on hold to see what happened with the vote & unsurprisingly they have not come back.

If construction has remained the bellwether it has always been to the economy then it looks like a recession in on its way.

“interesting times”

Voted remain.
                    Once corporation tax drops to 15%, there will be alot more factories being built. And there is a possibility of more houses and infrastructure to house the vast numbers of people on this small island.

Comment

A German Pharmaceutical company announced today that they won't be building a factory in the UK as they planned because of Brexit. instead they'll expand their existing facilities in Germany.

Well paid jobs won't be created, still will increase the labour pool for Wetherspoons. They might be able to cut their hourly rates from 10 to 8 quid.
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X