• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

#copslivesmatter

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    I feel nothing for the cops who were killed.

If anything, I feel more for those guys killed the cops.
    Years ago we were going for a curry with one of our friends who was a policewoman. We had agreed to meet her there. She showed up hours late many hours after her shift was supposed to end. She had spent most of those being held at knifepoint attending a domestic. My Niece who was a PCSO has similar stories and they get up & do it everyday to keep you safe.

You really are a being a turd.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      No its not. Guns don't kill people. People kill people. Therefore instead of controlling guns, the laws should be amended to control people - and stop the wrong people getting their hands on guns.
      I think you'll find you're mistaken. Guns don't kill people. Rappers do. Wooo wooo wooo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICG0...=RDICG0MuzEYzw
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
        Yeah.

Still a vile statement.
        I feel bad for the black men who were killed unlawfully. I don't feel anything for those cops who were killed.

If you find it vile, I'd be happy to shove your opinion in my pipe and smoke it.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          So every countries populace should have access to guns, provided they are considered the "right" people.

Suggest you stick to being a forum mod, rather than a policy maker

It's because he's in Switzerland, he feels he can argue for gun ownership as they have the highest in Europe and one of the lowest shooting rates.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            As long as the baby shoots them not themselves.
            Its good for the gene pool, the fewer siblings the baby has the better for mankind?

point I was making is its so normalised people forget. Its just like smoking, everyone knew from the 80s (ish) onward that smoking in cars with kids was a bad thing. We had to make laws and yet people still do it.

It was really weird to go to a site in the states and see a notice saying 'no concealed guns allowed' freaky.

Comment

I feel bad for the black men who were killed unlawfully. I don't feel anything for those cops who were killed.

If you find it vile, I'd be happy to shove your opinion in my pipe and smoke it.
              It's an outrageous statement because it's back to front, as we all know, black lives aren't as important as white.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                Years ago we were going for a curry with one of our friends who was a policewoman. We had agreed to meet her there. She showed up hours late many hours after her shift was supposed to end. She had spent most of those being held at knifepoint attending a domestic. My Niece who was a PCSO has similar stories and they get up & do it everyday to keep you safe.

You really are a being a turd.
                So you just go by "hearing" what people say do you? How do you know that she just wasn't someone who did not know what she was doing?

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  It's an outrageous statement because it's back to front, as we all know, black lives aren't as important as white.
                  both lives are important. They do seem to have a real problem with the police shooting suspects especially if they are black. Now they are wearing cameras it should get better.

Though from the looks of this the shooters are stirring up trouble for both sides.

The American officials do tend to reach for their weapons readily, I misunderstood an security guard's instructions in arrivals (his accent was really thick) and he started shouting + his hand hovered over his gun. Considering I had just landed on a flight from England it was highly unlikely I was carrying a weapon.

Comment

So you just go by "hearing" what people say do you? How do you know that she just wasn't someone who did not know what she was doing?
                    she was a well respected and experienced police officer, I lived in a small community and had dated one of the local police officers daughters so I knew a few others they all talked about the incident as just bad luck.

As I say my Niece has similar stories. Its a nasty job and they do it.

What were you expecting her to do? She was unarmed, stab vests weren't issued then.

You know all those Jackie Chan & Steven Seagal moves are practiced don't you? Most fights are about willingness & strength, unless you practice martial arts its who strikes first & how hard.
                    Last edited by vetran; 8 July 2016, 10:51.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      both lives are important. They do seem to have a real problem with the police shooting suspects especially if they are black. Now they are wearing cameras it should get better.

Though from the looks of this the shooters are stirring up trouble for both sides.

The American officials do tend to reach for their weapons readily, I misunderstood an security guard's instructions in arrivals (his accent was really thick) and he started shouting + his hand hovered over his gun. Considering I had just landed on a flight from England it was highly unlikely I was carrying a weapon.
                      They've all become quite jumpy. There is a massive issue with gun crime in the US, and black on black is rife. But statistically there does appear to be a higher chance of being shot and killed if you're black by police than if you're white. Because of the higher than average crime coming from black youths, then by default it appears the police are more likely to take less chances and just open fire because they're so jumpy.

It all comes back to their gun laws though. Too many guns, too easy to access.

Comment

Working...
                      X