• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cheering on the Scot in the tennis and the Welsh in the football

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course. But a few years ago the same could be said of the rugby team.

It taken a hard-arsed aussie coach to get the english boys to reach down and find their bollacks.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      Speak for yourself. You can take the boy out of the valleys...
      Pondie - if I remember correctly you reside in the "flatlands" of south wales?

Do you REALLY want England to win? Serious question....

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        Gutted. One game too far. Not enough world class players if Im honest. We had a guy coming on as sub who plays for MK Dons - in a euro semi-final. Fair play to Bale mind - what a guy. Earns millions but still proud to play for Wales.

Pity Ryan Giggs didnt have his attitude. Saw a stat - he played for wales for over 20 years and only got 64 caps. Bale is only 26 and has got 61 caps. It was a joke in wales that if Giggs sneezed he'd call off an away trip to somewhere he didnt fancy. Guys a tosser.
        I reckon it was more Fergie telling him not to bother as he will never win owt with his country so should concentrate on the club...

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          He sounds like a closet racist to me
          Ha ha. Just because I refuse to support England. Right ok!

Comment

Originally posted by I just need to test it View Post
            The media seems to be the problem. I've grown fed up of the excessive coverage of the Wales team over the past week or two. It's tiresome, repetitive and bordering on patronising ("Oh, look how well you've done, for a bunch of mostly no-marks").

And I'm a Taff.
            Proper Taff - as in born and brought up in the Taff valley? :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
              When was the last time a Welsh team got to a semi final of any tournament? I think you're being a tad harsh, Wales are the smallest team (in population terms) ever to reach the semi final stage of a major football tournament. If you can't bring yourself to be proud of that achievement, you're a sad lad indeed. And I say that as an Englishman. And as for no-marks, I'd quite happily swap most of our no-marks for a couple of yours.
              Didnt england win something 50 years ago? Media dont mention it much....

Comment

Pondie - if I remember correctly you reside in the "flatlands" of south wales?

Do you REALLY want England to win? Serious question....

If wales are not in the world cup and england are, then yes. I do.

Your ABE is the very reason your colleagues in "Engerlund" put up the Portugese flags.

This in no way makes me any less chuffed about how Wales have performed in the Euros.

Comment

PC: Would you REALLY support France or Germany over England?

Serious question...

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    I reckon it was more Fergie telling him not to bother as he will never win owt with his country so should concentrate on the club...
                    Fergie did the same to Paul Scholes - his last contract at ManU was conditional on retiring from international football. And trust me, that came from a very reliable source.
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Didnt england win something 50 years ago? Media dont mention it much....
                      Yes, apparently so.
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X