• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone recommend a trustworthy, impartial IFA in Manchester/Liverpool area?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
    I have been sniffing around this area for a BTL as both Liverpool and Manchester are Uni Cities and that area is the commuter belt. For general house purchase suggest they look in Runcorn/Widnes areas as housing is very competitively priced. If they only then need a mortgage for less than 3X the sole income do it that way via a traditional lender, who as has been said are finding the market a little challenging at the moment.
    Both tulip holes

and also not that cheap mate of mine bought a house there - 3 bed semi new build best part of £230k

and it was leasehold not free hold and the lease was around 3k a year - which seems high may need to check that

Comment

Trustworthy? In Liverpool :

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Rouge View Post
        Trustworthy? In Liverpool :

Hey hey hey calm down

Comment

Both tulip holes
          Odd as I thought the bit of Widnes near the station looked ok?

3 bed semi near station £150K asking price

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
            Odd as I thought the bit of Widnes near the station looked ok?

3 bed semi near station £150K asking price
            The house looks ok of course - and there are some nice houses in and about Widnes....

but have you ever been to Widnes town centre on a Saturday night?

Comment

Runcorn is something like 3rd on the list of worst performing UK towns however it's always bad to label an entire town as a dump - find a house on the outskirts and you might be fine.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Runcorn is something like 3rd world.
                FTFY

I know a lad who has done a lot of business mortgage dealings such as helping finance house builds. He's based in north Manchester and has his own small BTL portfolio too. Not sure of his availability.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                X