• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How green are you?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by expat
    They were superb. I still have one for photo work, the colour balance is still superior.
    I found that they lose convergence after about 2 years and go blurry in one corner (just like the endless line of £20 B-grade G-series FD trinitrons I live on).
    Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Have your tried changing the monitor cable?

Mine started ghosting a bit but a new monitor cable had it back to its previous lustre nice and quick

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
        I wander around the house turning off lights left on by rest of family going DOH!! very loudly

I know the feeling.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Im green, I love my green.

To expensive not to be green, I always turn lights off, leave nothing on stand by. Just added 200mm to my roof insulation, cost £150, B&Q doing buy 1 get 1 free on there loft insulation loft blankets.

Comment

Originally posted by PerlOfWisdom
            The energy cost of manufacturing and running a hybrid car for its lifetime far exceeds that of a conventional car.
            Yes, I saw that report too. However, I would have got a non-green 4 x 4 so, for the driving I do, I produce less emissions per mile and that'll do for me.

And of course, once I do buy an overpriced house here in the South East, I will be fitting solar panels for the water heating and a rooftop turbine to generate some of my electricity.

Just doing my bit, probably to no net worth as the chinese and asians won't give a stuff about the emissions they produce over the next fifty years...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

I’ll go green as soon as the major polluters of this planet (USA, China, India etc) make serious efforts to go green as well. UK government needs to grow a pair of balls quickly to pressure these countries to reduce their emissions.

It also needs to tackle big business. Does Currys or Comet or Tesco really need 50 great big plasmas/TFTs switched on at full tilt all day long in their stores? What about all the lights that remain on 24 hrs in offices? The best NL can do is to suggest outlawing the standby button on your telly. Oh yes, that should do it.

Putting a green tax on individuals is not the solution and is another cynical smash-&-grab by New Liebour.
              "My God, it's huge!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
                Have your tried changing the monitor cable?

Mine started ghosting a bit but a new monitor cable had it back to its previous lustre nice and quick
                Yeah I tried that - bought one of those really good quality Van Damme ones as well and it didn't make a blind bit of difference!
                Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

My 20inch Phillips one was given to me by a company who were throwing them away - they were going to pay a company £250 to take it away as they were replacing all their CRT monitors with flat screens. I took 3 and gave 2 away. That was over 2 years ago and it has worked a treat ever since. Have to agree with other comments - flat screens are not as good as the CRT ones.
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
                    Have to agree with other comments - flat screens are not as good as the CRT ones.
                    They (LCD) are good on your eyes - less overall radiation too. Everything else is immaterial unless you are prepared to go blind for it.

Comment

Working...
                    X