• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Labour in meltdown

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Labour in meltdown

Corbyn sacks Benn. Others quit.

This is what happens when you let the minority prevail.

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    Corbyn sacks Benn. Others quit.

This is what happens when you let the minority prevail.
    Nope. This is what happens when you don't listen to what the real world is like for most people....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Nope. This is what happens when you don't listen to what the real world is like for most people....
      Sorry, I should have clarified.

I agree with what you mean but Corbyn was voted leader off the back of a very vocal minority.

Having said that, if he had voted to Leave as most of his voters wanted, then he might still be good.

This is going to be a great example of MPs thinking they know better than the people they represent.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
        Sorry, I should have clarified.

I agree with what you mean but Corbyn was voted leader off the back of a very vocal minority.

Having said that, if he had voted to Leave as most of his voters wanted, then he might still be good.

This is going to be a great example of MPs thinking they know better than the people they represent.
        Corbyn was elected as he was more presentable than the other candidates. As I said in the other thread, when the next Labour leadership election starts (and it will be kicked off this week) Corbyn will win again....

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Corbyn was elected as he was more presentable than the other candidates. As I said in the other thread, when the next Labour leadership election starts (and it will be kicked off this week) Corbyn will win again....
          He's not the first opposition party leader to be told by MPs to stand down. It happened with the Tories.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            He's not the first opposition party leader to be told by MPs to stand down. It happened with the Tories.
            Yep and IDS did walk away. I really, really don't expect Corbyn to do so....

Comment

several times...

Michael Howard
              William Hague
              Ian Duncan Smith

All of whom were top end gents that would have done well for this country... Oddly Being the best seems to work against you as a leader of this field

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                several times...

Michael Howard
                William Hague
                Ian Duncan Smith

All of whom were top end gents that would have done well for this country... Oddly Being the best seems to work against you as a leader of this field
                Yep.

In the case of the Tories you need the parliamentary party on your side and the membership, which stops the mess Labour are in.

Comment

Emily Thornberry says the Labour party needs to show leadership. Ha ha ha

Comment

Emily Thornberry says the Labour party needs to show leadership. Ha ha ha
                    Night of the long knives - tonight or never!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X