• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Labour in meltdown

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    UKIP said they were going no where yesterday.

Farage's aim is to become an MP.

Carswell doesn't like Farage.
    Yeah, they'll talk the talk. I can't really see where they go next. I think people are underestimating the extent to which the UKIP vote was a conditional one. They don't have much of a policy platform, and Farage is not a consultative person, so they'll never have much of a platform under his leadership. We'll see, but I think they're history in the next few years.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
      I thought he was OK, viewed from the outside, but mainly because he had some decent people around him. He is the opposite of a details person though (i.e. Hamface and May), and a details person is precisely what we need to negotiate our departure.
      Nope he wasn't OK.

Then again he had Livingston who left Boris Bikes, the Olympics and a decent level of properties to be built when he left office as a comparator.

Boris's legacy is cycle lanes that cause problems for ambulances to get through traffic and em... I need to think about the rest.

Also Boris is too Marmite. The Tories apparently go for complete outsiders in situations like this which is why Major got in.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Nope he wasn't OK.

Then again he had Livingston who left Boris Bikes, the Olympics and a decent level of properties to be built when he left office as a comparator.

Boris's legacy is cycle lanes that cause problems for ambulances to get through traffic and em... I need to think about the rest.

Also Boris is too Marmite. The Tories apparently go for complete outsiders in situations like this which is why Major got in.
        Yeah, I'm not a fan. That said, I'm in London all the time, but I don't live there, and my impression wasn't too bad, but I suppose it depends on which side of the divide you come from - I'm not party political TBH. Yes, he promoted some white elephants, but all mayors do. He's presided over a booming capital for the last few years and the Olympics went decently well, so I can't see that he completed fecked up, even though it had little to do with him. Obviously, inequality is worse, and he's completely failed on housing, but I can't see Khan doing much better on those.

Comment

Poor Angela Eagle having a bubble on the radio...

BBC Radio 4 - World at One, 'Emotional' Eagle condemns Corbyn leadership

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
            Absolutely. It's just wishful thinking from the Blairites. Next stage: an orchestrated deselection of the Blairite MPs by Momentum.
            Not so - legal advice was sought and the NEC got advice that he would need to get the nominations because of the precedent with Kinnock.

Even if he got on it, won by 90% and made McDonnell wet himself - he still has no authority in the party. How do you get the MPs to vote with you or speak at meetings when 85% of the MPs don't agree with you or respect you.

He's being a prat.

Comment

David Lammy is a full on cock socket.

He has called the referendum rule by the mob.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkT View Post
                Not so - legal advice was sought and the NEC got advice that he would need to get the nominations because of the precedent with Kinnock.

Even if he got on it, won by 90% and made McDonnell wet himself - he still has no authority in the party. How do you get the MPs to vote with you or speak at meetings when 85% of the MPs don't agree with you or respect you.

He's being a prat.
                Of course it will be fought over but it seems they have advice he doesn't...

Exclusive: Jeremy Corbyn Automatically On Ballot In Leadership Challenge, Legal Advice Shows

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  David Lammy is a full on cock socket.

He has called the referendum rule by the mob.
                  That's the Mob that is fed up with lying labour Mr Lameo, you wait he will be all for police violence against conservative voters. He strikes me as a male Diane Abbott. He preaches one thing an will do the other in private life.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    Of course it will be fought over but it seems they have advice he doesn't...

Exclusive: Jeremy Corbyn Automatically On Ballot In Leadership Challenge, Legal Advice Shows
                    The advice isn't conclusive on both sides.

However if you don't have respect of the PLP, members AND trade union leaders you can not be leader of the Labour party.

Camoron just made a joke about the new member for Tooting being in the shadow cabinet by the end of the day.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by MarkT View Post

He's being a prat.
                      I certainly can't be arsed to investigate but didn't Miliband change the rules for electing a leader to make it more democratic, which is what resulted in £3 assiciate members being able to vote? Different mechanism since Kinnock's time.

Comment

Working...
                      X