• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car parking Penalty in Italy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    I wish it wasn't, but it is indeed from the Police.
    Oh dear

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      Oh dear

Wouldn't you?

Comment

Wouldn't you?
        Apologies

Fixed

Oh dear

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Oh come on I have seen some very nice UK Police ladies too.

I didn't realised that it was by the Police. I guess just like in the US, wherever you were they must be the ones issuing the tickets. Again parking fine different than other ones but who knows. Next time go on the pepipoo forums and ask.

http://www.damncoolpictures.com/2010...different.html

Last edited by Drei; 17 June 2016, 17:39. Reason: photos

Comment

Originally posted by Drei View Post
            Oh come on I have seen some very nice UK Police ladies too.

I didn't realised that it was by the Police. I guess just like in the US, wherever you were they must be the ones issuing the tickets. Again parking fine different than other ones but who knows. Next time go on the pepipoo forums and ask.
            Nice musings Bro
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Nice musings Bro

Looool look what I found, should move to Mexico eh?

Female-only police unit whose officers wore skimpy uniforms and high-heels is disbanded for damaging the force's image - Mirror Online

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/mexico-wome...eniors-1554039

http://nypost.com/2016/03/11/mexico-...-police-squad/
              Last edited by Drei; 17 June 2016, 17:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Drei View Post
                Looool look what I found:
                Are you "friends" with FLC?
                If not, you are only one PM away, surely
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Are you "friends" with FLC?
                  If not, you are only one PM away, surely
                  Gee man you started this...

OK last one sorry to hijack this but man the Istraeli police is nice

But the Russians definitely win this:

They even have a damn parade to show them to the world:
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBl-56Scars

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
                    I've always understood parking/speeding *fines* to be not allowable but missinggreenfields raises an interesting point. If you receive a "fine" from a private parking company, its not a fine at all as you haven't committed any offence. They aren't anything more than an invoice for parking charges (some might say speculative but you can't just ignore them anymore).

If you'd paid for the parking up front for a business trip, it would be an allowable expense (at least for corporation tax purposes), so how is being billed after the fact (regardless of how it came about) any different?

As to whether or not its treated as a BIK or earnings would depend on whether or not you consider the parking charge to have been incurred "wholly, exclusively and necessarily" for business purposes. If the parking was for business then I guess it meets the first two but possibly not the last one.

Personally I'd go along with ASB's approach, stick it through and claim ignorance later.
                    Private firm, I'd claim it because it's the provision of parking services is a business to business contract between the parking company and mine. Any "fine" is a contractually agreed penalty for breach of contract, so claim it.

Council / police, I'd not claim it because I know that it's not a valid expense because it's because of an illegal activity.

Comment

Well, as it happens, I've received this Notice from Italian Police through post that I exceeded the free parking time by 3 minutes and that I should pay a penalty of 82 Euros
                      Next time, get a car that you can get into and out of more easily....

Comment

Working...
                      X