• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Right wing rag banging on about working class and Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
    Conservative Party will implode. Cameron (probably) and Osborne (certainly) will be forced out, which will force an election.
    They might replace Cameron, but they don't need to call new elections - it's fixed 5 year Parliament remember?

Cons will say it was them who got promise of referendum fulfilled, they would heed new direction and continue working for the best of the country etc etc etc.

There won't be a new General Election, sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
      That's because of our growing service sector. This has meant there are millions of additional low paid, unskilled jobs to be filled.
      Is your butler English like DimPrawn's or French like sasguru's?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        They might replace Cameron, but they don't need to call new elections - it's fixed 5 year Parliament remember?
        There will be MPs who are senior in the Leave vote who will expect to be in the cabinet for the "Out" negotiations. Which means that there are people currently in the cabinet who will have to move out.

It won't be pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
          There will be MPs who are senior in the Leave vote who will expect to be in the cabinet for the "Out" negotiations. Which means that there are people currently in the cabinet who will have to move out. It won't be pretty.
          Perhaps Cameron will appoint them to be special Northern Ireland envoys to negotiate there

Comment

Britain is in the midst of a working-class revolt | John Harris | Opinion | The Guardian

Before anyone with a more right-on view of all this explodes with ire, they might also consider the numbers. Between 1991 and 2003, on average about 60,000 migrants from the EU came to the UK each year. Between 2004 and 2012, that figure rose to 170,000. The 2011 census put the number of UK residents from Poland alone at 654,000.
            I know you Islington types don't get it, but the Proles are fed up with the Poles and others willing to work under very low pay and live 15 to a house, and the unwashed masses have simply had enough of this social engineering experiment...

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              ..., but the Proles are fed ...
              Like you

a) Give a toss what the proles think
              b) Would ever associate with proles

Have you been chatting with the help again?
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                Like you

I think the important point is the flabby liberals are surprised that the Labour faithful are full on Brexiters, so the EU "problem" is not a left wing, right wing issue, but one of pay, living standards, population density and infrastructure problems.

You mods are so up your own "we're all right Jack" @rses, it's shocking...

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Like you

I've got a photo of a water cannon being filled up outside my house. Does this count as being down with the people?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    There will be wholesale attack on working rights, that would cost working class most.
                    I don't understand why people say that. Why would there be a wholesale attack on working rights ? And if there were, wouldn't the government making the attack simply be voted out? For example, I think the UK has one of the highest minimum wage settings in the world, higher than most of the EU nations. The "living wage" was introduced by the present UK Government, not directed by Europe. Not blowing a trumpet for an particular UK Government though, just pointing out that they are highly motivated to keep UK citizens happy. Every worker get a vote.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                      I've got a photo of a water cannon being filled up outside my house. Does this count as being down with the people?
                      A Super Soaker does not count as a water cannon.

Comment

Working...
                      X