• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Bremainer Elite! - Jeremy Corbyn

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Bremainer Elite! - Jeremy Corbyn

Jeremy Corbyn -

Voted against the EEC in 1975

Voted against the Maastricht Treaty - "It takes us in the opposite direction of an unelected legislative body—the Commission—and, in the case of foreign policy, a policy Commission that will be, in effect, imposing foreign policy on nation states that have fought for their own democratic accountability."

Voted against the Lisbon Treaty - "The project has always been to create a huge free-market Europe, with ever-limiting powers for national parliaments and an increasingly powerful common foreign and security policy."

With particular regard to Greece, is quoted as saying - "There is no future for a Europe that turns its smaller nations into colonies of debt peonage."

and "If Europe becomes a totally brutal organisation that treats every one of its member states in the way that the people of Greece have been treated at the moment, then I think Europe will lose a lot of support from a lot of people."

In all consciousness, how can anyone view his complete reversal of opinion as anything other than pure unadulterated opportunism? Like many of his political peer group he is simply taking the course of action that he believes will serve his own personal future best. So much for conviction politics!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    In all consciousness, how can anyone view his complete reversal of opinion as anything other than pure unadulterated opportunism? Like many of his political peer group he is simply taking the course of action that he believes will serve his own personal future best. So much for conviction politics!!
    World right now is not the same as 1975.

As a party leader he has to make responsible decision for the good of the country even if he personally does not like it.

So, what he has shown is that he is capable of being a PM - that gets my vote.

Comment

Pragmatism is an admirable quality. We need many more MP's can say 'look, I was mistaken'; I'd have much more respect for rather than someone who pursues a course of action knowing their judgement is flawed. Like Blair taking us to war against the people's will.

Corbyn listens to the people. Every week he presents a question from the public to parliament. My goodness.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        Jeremy Corbyn -

Voted against the EEC in 1975

Voted against the Maastricht Treaty - "It takes us in the opposite direction of an unelected legislative body—the Commission—and, in the case of foreign policy, a policy Commission that will be, in effect, imposing foreign policy on nation states that have fought for their own democratic accountability."

Voted against the Lisbon Treaty - "The project has always been to create a huge free-market Europe, with ever-limiting powers for national parliaments and an increasingly powerful common foreign and security policy."

With particular regard to Greece, is quoted as saying - "There is no future for a Europe that turns its smaller nations into colonies of debt peonage."

and "If Europe becomes a totally brutal organisation that treats every one of its member states in the way that the people of Greece have been treated at the moment, then I think Europe will lose a lot of support from a lot of people."

There's no greater hypocrisy than political hypocrisy...
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          World right now is not the same as 1975.

As a party leader he has to make responsible decision for the good of the country even if he personally does not like it.

So, what he has shown is that he is capable of being a PM - that gets my vote.
          Keep defending that position Atw. There are times in an argument when giving way on certain points enables you to win the the bigger battle.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Pragmatism is an admirable quality. We need many more MP's can say 'look, I was mistaken'; I'd have much more respect for rather than someone who pursues a course of action knowing their judgement is flawed. Like Blair taking us to war against the people's will.

Corbyn listens to the people. Every week he presents a question from the public to parliament. My goodness.
            Holding your breath? I sincerely hope not.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Pragmatism is an admirable quality.
              Indeed it is. However, this colossal u-turn is nothing but blatant opportunism.

We need many more MP's can say 'look, I was mistaken'; I'd have much more respect for rather than someone who pursues a course of action knowing their judgement is flawed
              Fat chance of THAT ever happening. Personally I'd choose politicians that don't actually have flawed judgment.
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

“Look, I’m rather pro-European, actually. I certainly want a European community where one can go and scoff croissants, drink delicious coffee, learn foreign languages and generally make love to foreign women.”
                “‘We can’t leave Europe. We’re part of the European Continent. What is the English Channel? It’s a primeval river that got slightly too big … We’re always going to be a part of Europe psychologically.”
                “I can hardly condemn UKIP as a bunch of boss-eyed, foam-flecked Euro-hysterics, when I have been sometimes not far short of boss-eyed, foam-flecked hysteria myself.”
                “The trouble is, I am not an ‘outer’.”
                “If we get to this campaign, I would be well up for trying to make the positive case for some of the good things that have come from the single market.”
                “It is also true that the single market is of considerable value to many UK companies and consumers, and that leaving would cause at least some business uncertainty, while embroiling the Government for several years in a fiddly process of negotiating new arrangements, so diverting energy from the real problems of this country – low skills, low social mobility, low investment etc – that have nothing to do with Europe.”
                “In favour of staying, it is in Britain’s geo-strategic interests to be pretty intimately engaged in the doings of a continent that has a grim 20th-century history, and whose agonies have caused millions of Britons to lose their lives.”
                "Boris, would you like to be the next Tory Prime Minster?" "Why, yes!" "Well join us in the Leave campaign." "Okay, jolly good, sorted."
                ad nauseum...

Boris Johnson, what a tedious 'reversal of opinion'
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  ad nauseum...

Boris Johnson, what a tedious 'reversal of opinion'
                  Pragmatism......FFS KUATB!

Comment

Korbyn espouses the politics of envy, for that reason, he is, and will always remain, an irrelevant, Trotsky

HTH BIDI

Comment

Working...
                    X