• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The latest Septic massacre in Florida.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I refuse to believe that is serious post.
    What like taring 1.6 million different people with the same brush as a few fanatics???

Are all Catholic priests Paedophiles because a minority of them actually were? Is every Imam a hate preaching agent of death?

I have met far too many Christians that I thought deserved a one way trip to Longleat to meet some lions. But thats not all of them. You need to make the differentiation from the class one psychopath and the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      A few more points:

Except in the 1980s that had all changed.
      • Women are postively encouraged to work,
      • Homosexual acts have been legal since 1969 and since the 80s suffer considerably less from prejudice
      • No-one gives a toss about children born out of wedlock any more
      • Alan Turing's contribution has been widely recognised and celebrated, and he's been posthumously pardoned.

And we are. Mostly.
      40 years is hardly a basis for preaching supremacy and perfection is it? What about the other 2000+ before that?

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
        40 years is hardly a basis for preaching supremacy and perfection is it? What about the other 2000+ before that?
        The UK state haven't thrown gays of the top of buildings for a while.

Its willingness to move forward. We are they aint.

The history of beheading and decapitation

Timeline of capital punishment in the UK

it took us a while.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Has this been done? they had a guest speaker at his mosque a couple of months ago who had a bit of a "killing gays is compassion" theory...

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            The UK state haven't thrown gays of the top of buildings for a while.

Its willingness to move forward. We are they aint.

The history of beheading and decapitation

Timeline of capital punishment in the UK

it took us a while.
            I have heard reports of ISIS lobbing people off of the top of buildings for various infractions but they are not statesmen. They are fanatical arse holes that have not the first clue about the religion that they claim to represent. If you want my actual appraisal of them it would be more akin to the worms that you see festering in dog tulip. To make it plain they have nothing to do with faith or religion other than using it as a way to hunt out weak minded bigots that can be manipulated to do their bidding.

None of which has anything to do with Islamic faith or the peaceful side of the religion. However, to clarify matters I agree that the rest of the islamic faith based states do need to get their head around the aspects around lifestyle choices that we managed in the last century. But thats a longer fight and we need to remember our not so distant past when making value statements.

But lets not forget the poor gay chap that got his head kicked in just for walking down the south bank a few years back so while our state has grown up, we have plenty of our own bigots to exterminate as well.

Comment

Has this been done? they had a guest speaker at his mosque a couple of months ago who had a bit of a "killing gays is compassion" theory...

He would also fall into my category of a worm in dog tulip. But for that one public tulipe worm, there will be many others that are trying to bring peace and cohesion to their local communities. We do them a dis-service by not calling him out for what he is and allowing him to hide behind a religious frock.

Comment

But lets not forget the poor gay chap that got his head kicked in just for walking down the south bank a few years back so while our state has grown up, we have plenty of our own bigots to exterminate as well.
                If the state is JUST then its civilised. The perpetrators of that will be punished. We will always have citizens that don't obey the rule of law.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I have heard reports of ISIS lobbing people off of the top of buildings for various infractions but they are not statesmen. They are fanatical arse holes that have not the first clue about the religion that they claim to represent.
                  Al Baghdadi who leads ISIS has a BA, MA and PhD in Islamic Studies.

Comment

Al Baghdadi who leads ISIS has a BA, MA and PhD in Islamic Studies.
                    And?

It just means he's good at arguing his point in an academic setting.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      And?

It just means he's good at arguing his point in an academic setting.

He's not very good at arguing now... He's been killed.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X