• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No single market access for UK after Brexit...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    Are you having a laugh?
    No, I am just up to date on what's going on - Russia now runs ~30% budget deficit on a monthly basis, hard currency reserves are at limits where they say they won't even defend their own currency - Putin does not have money even for World Cup 2018, nevermind giving 50-80 bln euros to Greece, he simply can't print euros, but ECB can so he will always be outbid, Greeks know it, Germans know it, Russia was only used as negotiating tactic.

Comment

Originally posted by m0n1k3r View Post
      Jaguar is Indian. Land Rover is owned by Jaguar and so is also Indian. Nissan is part-owned by Renault and is therefore French-Japanese.

And let's not forget Rolls-Royce and Mini who are both owned by BMW.
      You tax imports, not who owns the company.

30% on BMWs imported from Germany.

No tax on Minis produced in the UK.

We are not anti German business. Just encouraging the politicians to be sensible.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
        You tax imports, not who owns the company.

30% on BMWs imported from Germany.

No tax on Minis produced in the UK.

We are not anti German business. Just encouraging the politicians to be sensible.
        Don't hold your breath on that one...you may have just written the first sentence in history which contains both the words "sensible" and "politician". I salute your optimism, but expectations are very low.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          Don't hold your breath on that one...you may have just written the first sentence in history which contains both the words "sensible" and "politician". I salute your optimism, but expectations are very low.
          Fair point. I'll have a word with myself.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            No, I am just up to date on what's going on - Russia now runs ~30% budget deficit on a monthly basis, hard currency reserves are at limits where they say they won't even defend their own currency - Putin does not have money even for World Cup 2018, nevermind giving 50-80 bln euros to Greece, he simply can't print euros, but ECB can so he will always be outbid, Greeks know it, Germans know it, Russia was only used as negotiating tactic.
            If Russia thought it was in its interest it would find the money.

Comment

Working...
            X