• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dear World, A reflection on the British Spirit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Perhaps we should as JC Bamford Ltd, rather than trying to pass responsibility on by claiming anyone who thinks personal responsibility is important is therefore a communist.

Rather pathetic of you - you can't argue your point so resort to name calling and pictures.
    No my point was you were starting to sound like an old Trotskyite they always blamed the people for poor outcomes when it was their policies that made the difference.

The pictures were to cheer it up here. Soviet propaganda Art is surprisingly good.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      British Shops are owned by overseas companies.
      Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Our Government should help business to compete. They don't because among other things they charge outrageous rents & taxes to small shops.

Take your pick.

Also, I'm not sure how many shops "rent" of the British government.

And then you go on to point out about you not wanting to use local farmers in case they make a profit.

Nice as well to see you want to put yourself in a group who "can't afford" to buy locally produced food because it's too expensive.

"Everyone else's fault apart from mine, mate" - That should be your slogan, cause it's what you've been preaching.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
        And whilst I'm on my soap box, the most valuable lesson WE learnt from WWII was to be self sufficient in food.
        A lesson long forgotten, unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
          A lesson long forgotten, unfortunately.

"We" could be self sufficient in food, but it would mean that "our" diet would need to change and "we" might have to pay more for things rather than buying the cheapest imported stuff "we" can find.

Shame that some think that local farmers make a "mint", so "we" must not use them.

Comment

"We" could be self sufficient in food, but it would mean that "our" diet would need to change and "we" might have to pay more for things rather than buying the cheapest imported stuff "we" can find.

Shame that some think that local farmers make a "mint", so "we" must not use them.
            Have you ever been to a farm shop

£8 for a cottage pie - that is not a realistic price and nothing to do with anything but profit for the farmer

whether we are in or out of eu that will not change

Comment

Take your pick.

Also, I'm not sure how many shops "rent" of the British government.

And then you go on to point out about you not wanting to use local farmers in case they make a profit.

Nice as well to see you want to put yourself in a group who "can't afford" to buy locally produced food because it's too expensive.

"Everyone else's fault apart from mine, mate" - That should be your slogan, cause it's what you've been preaching.

1. Yes lots of shops rent off the council

Retail units | Council owned commercial property in Coventry | Coventry City Council

and guess what they put the rent up quite often

Rent increases force business owner to close up shop (From The Northern Echo)

After his three year lease ended, Mr Hewison received a letter from Business Durham advising that his rent was going to rise by 25 per cent and the service charge by 201 per cent, equating to an extra 41 per cent in charges.
              No I just suggested that as Farm prices are normally 2-3 times supermarket prices there might be a bit of profit in there.

You have no idea of my circumstances. So keep your petty judgmental attitude to yourself. I could choose to spend my money with a local farm or Butcher or on other things I won't be ordered to do so by Diktat.

No I realise I can't change anything significantly as a consumer.

You know I don't own a Supermarket don't you?

Maybe I can change it as a Voter?

I have no need to take ownership of a problem I didn't create or significantly affect. You can do what you like.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                Have you ever been to a farm shop

£8 for a cottage pie - that is not a realistic price and nothing to do with anything but profit for the farmer

whether we are in or out of eu that will not change
                Don't confuse him with facts!

Comment

So, if individuals do nothing, then individuals keep blaming others for everything that is wrong in the world
                  And the world becomes more tulipy because individuals are not prepared to SUPPORT their local economy and SUPPORT their local businesses, rather they find it easier to blame others do nothing for themselves.

If YOU want Britain to be Great, then YOU need to support British industry, British farmers, British shops. If you want to blame the EU for you not shopping locally, not buying British, then you are being a hypocrite.
                  So if British people should buy British, then presumably not British people should buy not British?

Comment

£8 for a cottage pie is a rip off, particularly when you can buy the potatoes in a farm shop and the meat and make your own for a fraction of that.

Comment

£8 for a cottage pie is a rip off, particularly when you can buy the potatoes in a farm shop and the meat and make your own for a fraction of that.
                      So you never buy a sandwich then?

Comment

Working...
                      X