• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chelsea doctor Eva Carneiro settles dismissal case

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chelsea doctor Eva Carneiro settles dismissal case

Former Chelsea doctor Eva Carneiro has settled her dismissal claim against the club on confidential terms.

Dr Carneiro had claimed constructive dismissal against the club and was also bringing separate legal action against former manager Jose Mourinho.

On Monday it emerged Chelsea had offered Dr Carneiro £1.2m to settle her claims which she had rejected.

Chelsea said it "regretted the circumstances" which led to the former first team doctor leaving the club.

In a statement Dr Carneiro said: "I am relieved that today we have been able to conclude this tribunal case. It has been an extremely difficult and distressing time for me and my family and I now look forward to moving forward with my life.

"My priority has always been the health and safety of the players and fulfilling my duty of care as a doctor."

Source: Chelsea doctor Eva Carneiro settles dismissal case - BBC News

Somebody on here said a few days ago that she just might want to have her day in court...

Chelsea had to make a full public apology stating she was right to run on to the pitch.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Chelsea had to make a full public apology stating she was right to run on to the pitch.
      Ex-Chelsea doctor Eva Carneiro settles constructive dismissal claim as club 'apologises unreservedly' - but Jose Mourinho fails to say sorry

"...but Jose Mourinho fails to say sorry..."

£2 mln I recon, plus costs. I wonder if such payments are tax free?

Comment

Chelsea may have agreed to represent Mourinho. So he wouldn't have personally had to say sorry.

I think they were arguing over the fact there was no apology. Once she went to tribunal even though she would have got less money the cost of the lawyers would mean it's cheaper to apologise. They also didn't want the case cited in law for ever more.

Comment

I think they were arguing over the fact there was no apology.
          Money is the best apology, when you get a couple of million quid (20-30 years of work at her wage there?) you do know they really feel sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            £2 mln I recon, plus costs. I wonder if such payments are tax free?
            Money is the best apology, when you get a couple of million quid (20-30 years of work at her wage there?) you do know they really feel sorry.
            You reckon they entrusted the wellbeing of >£300 Million worth of players to a Doc on £66-100K a year. Doubtful.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              You reckon they entrusted the wellbeing of >£300 Million worth of players to a Doc on £66-100K a year. Doubtful.
              How much do you think she was paid?

Comment

I've done some Googling. In the US they are paid around $213,000 a year.

Then I found this linky where she was demanding £400,000 per year a substantial increase.

In lots of teams the head physio earns more than the team doctor and the only doctors who earn loads of money are the surgeons who fix the players screwed up legs and feet.

Comment

Then I found this linky where she was demanding £400,000 per year a substantial increase.
                  "It is also claimed that Carneiro was willing to return to work on the condition that her salary would be increased to £400,000-a-year and that she was awarded "a 'substantial payment' in compensation for her distress" – demands which the club and Mourinho's argument described as "wholly unrealistic and extravagant"."

So it was probably more likely around £200k mark, rather than £100k or £66k.

Still, that would mean that she was offered 6 years annual settlement and she probably settled for at least 10 years worth. A lot of money considering she has not done anything wrong and the club admitted it, generally public on her side too.

Comment

"It is also claimed that Carneiro was willing to return to work on the condition that her salary would be increased to £400,000-a-year and that she was awarded "a 'substantial payment' in compensation for her distress" – demands which the club and Mourinho's argument described as "wholly unrealistic and extravagant"."

So it was probably more likely around £200k mark, rather than £100k or £66k.

Still, that would mean that she was offered 6 years annual settlement and she probably settled for at least 10 years worth. A lot of money considering she has not done anything wrong and the club admitted it, generally public on her side too.
                    Her solicitor and QC are laughing all the way to the bank...

Comment

Working...
                    X