• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Chelsea doctor Eva Carneiro settles dismissal case"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    "been one of those doctors on something like Embarrassing Bodies"

Don't watch that program, the name is enough to put me off and the thought of being a doctor on it...
    All the doctors on it work in private practice. Some of them have never worked in the NHS.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Why the ?
    "been one of those doctors on something like Embarrassing Bodies"

Don't watch that program, the name is enough to put me off and the thought of being a doctor on it...

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Why the ?

DA who employs people stated:

She will need the money as I doubt anyone else is now going to employ her

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    If she left with no controversy she would be able to positively promote that she had been head team doctor for Chelsea which would have bumped up her earnings e.g. been one of those doctors on something like Embarrassing Bodies. Now she can't do this.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Strange presumption that she would not have left on her own during say 14 year period she had settlement money for - she could have been made redundant, or whatever - the only reason she got so much money is to stop her trying to make it from giving interviews to newspapers...
    If she left with no controversy she would be able to positively promote that she had been head team doctor for Chelsea which would have bumped up her earnings e.g. been one of those doctors on something like Embarrassing Bodies. Now she can't do this.

Yes the money is to gag her as well but she has been pretty quiet anyway.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    To help him cover up the dive?
    Cynic

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    She won't get such a job with a football or sports team again in the UK so the amount is for loss of potential earnings.
    Strange presumption that she would not have left on her own during say 14 year period she had settlement money for - she could have been made redundant, or whatever - the only reason she got so much money is to stop her trying to make it from giving interviews to newspapers...

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    So I was well out with my estimate, however the settlement is tax free, so that's effectively double the normal annual salary.

£1.2 mln offer therefore was around £2.4 mln gross or 8 years wages - REJECTED, final settlement surely a lot higher - at least £2 mln tax free, so £4 mln gross - 14 years worth of work.

Very high amount considering she is fully capable to get new job somewhere else (maybe not on same money though).
    She won't get such a job with a football or sports team again in the UK so the amount is for loss of potential earnings.

She can work as a doctor but until Chelsea made the full apology they were basically saying she was an incompetent one.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    If you dive and play around like that then the team doctor and physio have to run on as they think you could be injured it's their job.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Hazard's the guilty party in my opinion. He went down like he was shot when they were chasing the game. She reacted as the physio should.
    At least he had a warning sign on his tshirt

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Archangel View Post
    Apparently her salary was £286,000 pa
    So I was well out with my estimate, however the settlement is tax free, so that's effectively double the normal annual salary.

£1.2 mln offer therefore was around £2.4 mln gross or 8 years wages - REJECTED, final settlement surely a lot higher - at least £2 mln tax free, so £4 mln gross - 14 years worth of work.

Very high amount considering she is fully capable to get new job somewhere else (maybe not on same money though).

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Hazard's the guilty party in my opinion. He went down like he was shot when they were chasing the game. She reacted as the physio should.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    She will need the money as I doubt anyone else is now going to employ her

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    All payments for damages are Tax and VAT free. Parking companies know this and are currently being investigated for non-payment.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X