• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have you lost a contract cos they didnt like your personality?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I have a huge personality.

Only once had a problem, didn't fit on one contract and got sneakily tulip canned from it early. Was a surprise to be honest. They wanted a meek person to toe the line. Not me I'm afraid & so I didn't fit in with the sneaky back stabbing work shy thickos.
    That's a new name for it...

It's usually called "gut".
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Only once had a problem, didn't fit on one contract and got sneakily tulip canned from it early. Was a surprise to be honest. They wanted a meek person to toe the line. Not me I'm afraid & so I didn't fit in with the sneaky back stabbing work shy thickos.
      Did you recommend Suity for the job after you left?

Comment

I have a huge gut.

Only once had a problem, didn't fit on one chair and got sneakily tulip canned from it early. Was a surprise to be honest. They wanted a thin person to toe the line. Not me I'm afraid & so I didn't fit in the door.
        FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
          This happened to me once as well. Permie 'manager' had a thing against contractors and their attitude had at times verged on bullying. So happy to go and walked with head held high
          Got the full bully treatment when it was clear I was not renewing. Ask to join a meeting, every manager they could find and me sitting on the top of the table. They tried to intimidate. It din't work. We'll give you your own office. We'll this and that.

Like you said, hold your head high. Stick by your principles and you'll go far.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
            Maybe, in reality, your work is crap and they told you they didn't like you as an excuse
            No I dont get canned for work performance issues. I know that for a fact cos I get hired again if I was consistently poor it wouldnt happen. The recruiters would stop calling and they dont.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

Like you said, hold your head high. Stick by your principles and you'll go far.
              Scotland to Munich ... yes

Comment

Originally posted by AttentivIS View Post
                No I dont get canned for work performance issues. I know that for a fact cos I get hired again if I was consistently poor it wouldnt happen. The recruiters would stop calling and they dont.
                No, you've got that wrong.

Basically, contracting is like prostitution. No matter how bad and how ugly you are, there's always someone out there desperate enough to **** you for a few quid.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by AttentivIS View Post
                  If you can confidently measure your performance against the yardstick of recruiters' evaluation, then I would say you've got this contracting business cracked.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                    Yes, but they aren't s, are they?
                    That happened to me in a public sector contract we just hated each other. The team lead was sleeping with a contractor who had been there for 3 years. Hard to be nice sometimes when you know you are more capable and professional than they would ever be.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                      Let us allow MarkyMark to confirm that. He has lots of experience with ladyboys.
                      You'll find him in Edinburgh during the festival then?

Comment

Working...
                      X