• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What those lovely people at the Home Office are up to.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    A few predictions:
    It will cost trillions.
    It won't work. Not even almost.
    There will be a data breach on an almost weekly basis.
    Same old same old, basically...
    And I still can't get hired on it
    ftfy
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

What a fantastic black hole project for a Tory-backing consultancy to win.....
      Allegedly.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        He will be, at the moment he's setting up the environment....

Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

The only thing left remaining to make it happen is the abolishment of human rights, but their agent with code name "BoJo" is hard at work on it.

Comment

Originally posted by m0n1k3r View Post
            The only thing left remaining to make it happen is the abolishment of human rights, but their agent with code name "BoJo" is hard at work on it.
            Abolishment ?? Really ??
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              ftfy
              Wouldn't touch it with a tulipey stick matey. Even if it was based in the UK (which it probably won't be).
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I'm working in the public sector at the moment on some quite large databases. I'm not aware of the data going anywhere outside the department.

A couple of gigs back HP were paying their India counterparts 1 euro an hour, not £10!

Comment

One acronym: NPfIT
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Wouldn't touch it with a tulipey stick matey. Even if it was based in the UK (which it probably won't be).
                    Is that a stick you use to poke tulip when bored, because you forgot to take your mobile phone into the toilet and there aren't any air freshener canisters for you to read while sat on the bog ?

Comment

Isn't there a website where you can start a petition to stop this sort of thing happening?

It's is not like a do not think as an idea it has some merit.

It is just that there will only be about 2 people on the project actually interested in getting anything done -the rest will simply see it as a gravy train - maybe something to appease the soon to be unemployed euro MP's.

Lets face it they will be as fookin useless and anyone else you pay £1000 a day to Crap Gemini for!

Comment

Working...
                      X