• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New name for SKA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW
    No. What I am saying is that in principle it is easier for me to break into established market because of my cost competitiveness. $50k for 1 mln document index search engine is a total rip off, I'd do it for $40k
    WRONG!

The sort of customer you need will not be impressed by a 'cost competitive' (i.e. cheap) one-man band.

Set up some kind of organisation and get capital funding.

Products, no matter how good or cheap - do not sell themselves.

You need marketing and business skills.

But of course you're too arrogant to listen to any advice.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

I have some plans, right now I have different priority.

As I said - I'll take my chances, which IMO are pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
        I have some plans, right now I have different priority.

As I said - I'll take my chances, which IMO are pretty good.
        Yeah, like I said.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Words are cheap - I have a plan and work on it, stage by stage, so far things go pretty well and next year they will go a lot better.

Comment

This time next year you will be a millionaire Rodney.

Comment

ZuZu
              Arachne
              LikeDuh
              Webthang...Searchthang....etc

0.02 $ worth
              Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

WTF 1.0 (where's the file)

Comment

Working...
                X