• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cheney endorses simulated drowning

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vista
    If torture didn't work it wouldn't be used.
    Torture works great when you need to get people self-incriminate themselves - they would sign anything you want just to stop the pain even knowing they will be executed.

Also torture is used to satisfy low instincts some scum who just likes to torture people - in this respect it also "works", those scumbags who like it get enjoyment.

But none of those two reasons are good enough for a democratic society: the enemy should either be killed on the battlefield or kept in decent conditions with full rights awarded by the Geneva Convention.

Comment

I like the idea of torture – especially if it’s me who is doing it. Who cares about using it to get information? As many have pointed out, any information gained is unreliable. Just stick to inflicting pain for entertainment and vengeance purposes.
      Drivel is my speciality

Comment

I think I'd be quite in favour of some decidedly un-simulated drowning for that chunt Cheney - preferably in liquified farm manure.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by vista
          Can anyone think of any other form of behaviour carried out all over the world by every civilisation since time began that doesn't work?
          War, religion, tax.. Want more?

Comment

Originally posted by XperTest
            Ah! Works well for the select few though: -

Monarchs, Presidents, Politicians, Priests, Popes and fecking Civil Servants.

Where would their palaces and their worth be now without the evils you mention?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman
              Ah! Works well for the select few though: -

Monarchs, Presidents, Politicians, Priests, Popes and fecking Civil Servants.

Where would their palaces and their worth be now without the evils you mention?
              Fair point! Where would Buffoon get his kicks from if not the occasional torturing of an innocent, defenceless living creature..

Comment

Cheney and people like him need shooting.They should then be shot six more times and fed to polar bears to make sure.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Oh dear

Originally posted by XperTest

War = works very well which is why we don't live in a NAZI state and speak german.
                  Religion = works very well for some, personal comfort and an excellent framework for doing good in society
                  Tax = the basis of a civilised society

Let me rephrase the question "Can anyone think of anything that humans have been doing since the year dot that doesn't work?"

Comment

vista - you seem to misunderstand one thing: if it was you who would be subjected to simulated drawning and other "non-tortures" then we all (at least I am) be just fine with it.

Comment

Do they use that Nazi urban legend line "We have ways to make you talk" before they drop them in the pool?

A true terrorist would rather die than give up secrets..so exactly what information can they get? Maybe little tidbits like what Osama usually has for breakfast.
                      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
                      X