• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Remain vs Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Absolutely agree with your post as a whole, but to a grammar pedant such as myself that sentence is interesting example of how missing commas can change and even reverse its intended sense.

Without any commas it means "those leftie liberals who (among possibly other leftie liberals who don't) hate the fact that the UK supports remain" :

With one comma is means "the leftie liberals who as it happens all hate the fact that the UK supports remain" :

But the adding a couple of commas changes its sense to what you presumably meant:
    Please do keep correcting me!
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      Quite comical really. Thinking we're better off with others is "hating the UK". I guess you consider a man with friends "self-loathing" and that he should have the confidence to stand on his own two feet and have nobody to go to the pub with.

Nobody suggests the UK can't survive by itself; to think that suggests the EU has been supporting us all these years and only the Kippers think the EU has that degree of control of our lives. The UK can survive by itself; North Korea survives by itself but I wouldn't want to live there. It's only a question of whether there are benefits for everyone to have closer ties to the rest of the world and thousands of years of history tells you that there are.
      I meant hating the UK in just about every topic that is discussed whether it is the war in Iraq or the Scottish Nationalism debate (hating England).
      Interestingly a great deal of this sort of sh*t comes from those who are no longer here
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Probably when Britain leaves there will be a bit of a political crisis triggering a recession and a general air of panic. In the end Britain will then sign up to a comprehensive deal with the EU and after that all the government has to do is to sit back and receive new EU regulations by fax every few months or so.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          I'm not
          [...]
          arguments don't stand up to any scrutiny
          some Bremainers struggle with conditional logic, I've noticed. Indeed, pretty much anything they can't put in a gravity model with exponentiation to infinity and/or world war. Why argue when you can extrapolate doom?

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            Probably when Britain leaves there will be a bit of a political crisis triggering a recession and a general air of panic. In the end Britain will then sign up to a comprehensive deal with the EU and after that all the government has to do is to sit back and receive new EU regulations by fax every few months or so.

You are another brit hating pri*k who has left the country and spends half his sad sorry little life denigrating the UK. As if the Uk would ever have to rely on a Franco German bureaucracy for its well being is laughable.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              Absolutely agree with your post as a whole, but to a grammar pedant such as myself that sentence is interesting example of how missing commas can change and even reverse its intended sense.
              Please learn how to use the English language properly.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                I meant hating the UK in just about every topic that is discussed whether it is the war in Iraq or the Scottish Nationalism debate (hating England).
                Interestingly a great deal of this sort of sh*t comes from those who are no longer here
                This is the kind of anger level that we saw from the Scottish nationalists before they lost their vote - very interesting.

This proud British emigrant will be voting Remain, and will continue to do his best to help the UK to export services to the rest of the EU.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  This is the kind of anger level that we saw from the Scottish nationalists before they lost their vote - very interesting.

This proud British emigrant will be voting Remain, and will continue to do his best to help himself.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
                    Please remember I am an agent.
                    Remember:

There is no such thing as society. There are individual contractors, and there are pimps.

Comment

You are another brit hating pri*k who has left the country and spends half his sad sorry little life denigrating the UK. As if the Uk would ever have to rely on a Franco German bureaucracy for its well being is laughable.
                      It just relies on Franco/German/China/rest of the world to keep it going having sold it off to them...Whatver happened to:

Because I know I do my best to..do you?
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X