• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Timewasting twats - selling car privately

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    At least he knows now what it's like to deal with a time-wasting twat.
    Sorry OG I promise I wont come around your house again, clamp your head in one position and make you read these posts.

And you lot say Im stupid????
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      Deffo lesson learned. Trust no twat to act properly....

Wishing I'd scrapped the bugger now. Hassle for £700.
      As you said, always take a deposit. I bought and sold a few classics and it didn't take long to get a feel for whether or not someone was serious. It's always worth asking them (when they telephone) what they expect the car to be. There seems to be more problems when the car is either very cheap or very expensive. On the flip side, be truthful about what you're selling. Oh, and did I mention about taking deposit?

Comment

Been a nightmare but last days events take the biscuit....

Car is 15 years old and only up for £700. I sometimes wonder what people expect for £700. I've had them all from "I thought it'd be in immaculate condition" to "give you £100" to "oh I thought mercedes were bigger than this" (its an A class as the advert states - look it up!)

But sunday guy turned up. Business manager for car dealership wanted for his mrs. Gave me business card. Yep I'll have. Sorry no money on me but I can pay cash tomorrow and pick it up. Sorted I thought.

Monday. Phone call. Banks closed can I come tomorrow 6pm OK. Bit weird but hey.

LAst night no sign of the twat. Phoned him, text him but hes ghosted me it seems. Bit wassed off because I've had other people ring me and I've told them its sold.

Morale of the story = take a deposit.

Funny thing is he gave me his business card. Not sure if I'd be brave enough to act like a tit when someone knows where I work. Can just imagine a nutter strolling into his car showroom and causing a scene. Not clever idea.
        ORLY?
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Guess what I think of you ;-)
          That she is hot and sexy?

I can confirm ......

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
              You're incredibly naïve.

And annoying.
              Ey yup lass... All good and perky ?

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                Ey yup lass... All good and perky ?
                Piss off.

But yes thanks, all good here.
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

That's a couple of months worth of JSA. Not to be sniffed at.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Sorry OG I promise I wont come around your house again, clamp your head in one position and make you read these posts.

And you lot say Im stupid????
                    won't
                    I'm

Comment

Deffo lesson learned. Trust no twat to act properly....

I've known you to get your knickers in a twist about a lot less
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X