• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Timewasting twats - selling car privately"

Collapse

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Won't be me...

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    Won't be me...
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
    That's harsh, I'm sure that NLUK will turn up this time (he was just waiting for his Giro to be cashed)
    Won't be me...

psychocandy

Ddraig Goch

This message is hidden because psychocandy is on your ignore list.

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Got car MOTed in the end and re-advertised it late satuday night.

I've seen it all now though. Original cheeky timewasting twat text me 9am sunday "sorry my gran got rushed into hospital, I'll be over at 11am with the money". Hang on, 2 weeks and you havent had 5 secs to call me back?

So this is the guy that promised to buy, arranged to come over at 6pm one evening with the cash, didnt turn up, didnt answer his phone, or his voicemails or his texts. This was weeks ago. Now hes seen its got 12 months MOT he thinks the deal is still on? (It was £100 more with 12m MOT anyway)

Didnt reply but I was hoping he'd show up with a wad of cash so I could him to f off.

Please to say though someone else bought it later than day anyway.
    That's harsh, I'm sure that NLUK will turn up this time (he was just waiting for his Giro to be cashed)

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    What would you do if he offers you £100 more than the price it was sold for?
    Ha ha. Throw in a handie as well. ;-)

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Its sold to someone else anyway.

Like I said it appears he was expecting the same deal to be on two weeks later. As if. It sold for more with 12m mot.
    What would you do if he offers you £100 more than the price it was sold for?

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    Not sure what your problem is if he turns up with the cash. Are you also expecting positive karma from this sale?
    Its sold to someone else anyway.

Like I said it appears he was expecting the same deal to be on two weeks later. As if. It sold for more with 12m mot.

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied

I've seen it all now though. Original cheeky timewasting twat text me 9am sunday "sorry my gran got rushed into hospital, I'll be over at 11am with the money". Hang on, 2 weeks and you havent had 5 secs to call me back?

So this is the guy that promised to buy, arranged to come over at 6pm one evening with the cash, didnt turn up, didnt answer his phone, or his voicemails or his texts. This was weeks ago. Now hes seen its got 12 months MOT he thinks the deal is still on? (It was £100 more with 12m MOT anyway)

Didnt reply but I was hoping he'd show up with a wad of cash so I could him to f off.

Not sure what your problem is if he turns up with the cash. Are you also expecting positive karma from this sale?

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• CompulsiveArsonist
    replied
    WeBuyAnyCar

I bought a new car in December, and listed my old car on Autotrader and Gumtree.

No serious interest, I had a few people trying to knock the price right down, or asking if I wanted to part ex with another car etc, lots of timewasters.

Eventually I gave my car to WeBuyAnyCar.
    If I sold it privately I may have got £11,000

I got £9,700 for it after all their deductions for stone chips, kerbed wheels etc and the admin fee.

I was happy with what they gave and I knew what I was getting into, I reasoned that the longer I kept the car the more I would lose in depreciation and insurance

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    FTFY
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    It is like a Happy Shopper version of suity.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    I can imagine the OP getting a cold, sweaty brow at just the thought
    It is like a budget tale of suity.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    That requires a financial outlay. OP won't want to do that.
    I can imagine the OP getting a cold, sweaty brow at just the thought

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    OP: Any movement?

Stick it on autotrader so we can all make an appointment to come for a look
    That requires a financial outlay. OP won't want to do that.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 3 June 2016, 20:09.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    OP: Any movement?

Stick it on autotrader so we can all make an appointment to come for a look

Leave a comment:

Working...
X