• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU referendum: Boris and Gove pledge tough new immigration system after Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    How do you know all their nationalities?
    He probably read some garbage in the Daily Mail and presumed it right...

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      How do you know all their nationalities?
      The Daily Mail told me.

Glasgow primary school has 222 pupils and not one is Scottish | Daily Mail Online

Comment

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
        He probably read some garbage in the Daily Mail and presumed it right...

Comment

The 54-year-old from Ayrshire said: 'Lots of my friends sent their children here before, but then took them out and sent them to other nearby schools where there were more kids from Scotland'.
          Sometimes you have to read beyond a headline. In this instance, racism would seem to be the reason.

Comment

Sometimes you have to read beyond a headline. In this instance, racism would seem to be the reason.
            You, of course, would send your child to a school where they were such a minority.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              A ghetto of self segregating EU nationals?
              If you had bothered to have done your research you would of worked out it was the Scottish people who self segregated themselves from the school. Do you lack the ability to research and digest basic information ?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                You, of course, would send your child to a school where they were such a minority.
                Not being a rampant racist you might find it amazing that the nationality of her fellow pupils isn't a big concern to me. If I moved to France, which I might be doing soon, her class mates won't all be British. This wouldn't concern me either.

Lets be frank, the problem isn't nationality, its a certain type of nationality people object to. Good old fashioned racism. Its all very sad.

Comment

Not being a rampant racist you might find it amazing that the nationality of her fellow pupils isn't a big concern to me. If I moved to France, which I might be doing soon, her class mates won't all be British. This wouldn't concern me either.

Lets be frank, the problem isn't nationality, its a certain type of nationality people object to. Good old fashioned racism. Its all very sad.
                  So no matter what religion or culture the school had, you'd just sign your kids up? It's basically birds of a feather and basic human nature. I'm not claiming it's right. I'm also not daft enough to claim that it doesn't make a difference.

Comment

You've been hit extremely hard by the PC stick haven't you?

It's not racist to live in Scotland with your Scottish children, and not want them to go to a school where they are in the minority. It's about wanting the best education for them, and a big part of that is having English as the first language amongst your peers and teachers! </obvious>
                    Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
                    "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Someone I used to work with went to some fancy "European" private school with lots of kids from other European countries. It meant he learned French and bits of other languages, as well as experiencing people from different cultures. Sounds pretty good to me.

My parents sent me to state school with Brummies.

Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                      X