• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Exit poll indicates increasingly likely landslide for Remain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Have we had any new polls since the migration figures came out a day ago?
    No, not that I'm aware of, but I doubt you'd see anything. It appeared that Remain were gaining an advantage last week (Ipsos Mori and ORB phone polls), but it seems to be a false dawn in subsequent polls (ComRes phone and various online polls). I can't think of any undecided voters that I know, personally, and the number has been declining systematically over recent weeks in polling data. I think the vote is hardening (i.e. decided voters more committed to their vote), especially for Leave (the recent Ashcroft poll confirms that, as he asks about intention on a 0:100 scale).

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      I think this poll gives a truer representation the representation that I prefer of UK voting intentions.

The EU Referendum by Pollstation
      FTFY
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
        Look at my Avatar and guess what my vote will be
        No-one cares, since you're not eligible to vote.

Both because of mental deficiency, and nationality.

Comment

Have we had any new polls since the migration figures came out a day ago?
          Interesting report that one. Some might have ignored the small print.

1) The majority of migrants to the UK came from outside the EU.

2) The majority of EU migrants to the UK were young people, healthy people, who did burden the NHS.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

1) The majority of migrants to the UK came from outside the EU.
            What proportion of the world's population is located within the EU? Hint: it's much less than 10%.

2) The majority of EU migrants to the UK were young people, healthy people, who did burden the NHS.
            And 77,000 arrived without work.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              Is that true or just a joke site?
              joke site

I've tried to find out the owner of responsible party. going round in circles I am.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

joke site

I've tried to find out the owner of responsible party. going round in circles I am.
                I believe he's very wealthy, and resides in Swindon.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                  What proportion of the world's population is located within the EU? Hint: it's much less than 10%.
                  But it's that small proportion who have the freedom to come here.

I'm sure there's also an argument "freedom from the EU" would allow more control over non-EU migrants since we're "bound by EU laws" but meh.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Another EU parasite votes for their own gravy train.
                    Only emigrants should be allowed to vote because it affects us most.

Comment

But it's that small proportion who have the freedom to come here.
                      That's my point. It's one thing to support skilled migration (what country wouldn't?), but free movement is entirely different when economies are divergent, and it leads to the extraordinary imbalances we can all see (which is not only bad for the UK, but bad for those countries that are losing people). Free movement is an entirely unnecessary component of free trade. Controlled migration (not zero migration or even small migration), based on need, makes far more sense. Indiscriminate migration, for which it's impossible to plan, makes no sense at all, and it certainly isn't boosting productivity (which is central to individuals becoming richer, as opposed to economies becoming bigger).

Comment

Working...
                      X