• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit to save Rubies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    And then they started raiding curry houses to find the illegal immigrants that were trying to earn a living doing a job none of the UK nationals want
    What is all this tulip. This constantly running down UK nationals as lazy?

1. They aren't stupid, if you take home more on Benefits then why would you work nights in a nasty hot kitchen serving Dog meat in a language you don't understand for less?

2. Which Curry houses do you know hire brits or even the industrious Poles? Every member of staff in the restaurants come from the same sodding village if not the same loins. They want visa's so they can import their Brother|Cousin|Father in Law (frequently the same person)
    700 children born with genetic disabilities due to cousin marriages every year - Telegraph

3. This Brits are lazy is insulting, if you paid me £125K a year tax free (or even double it to £250K with benefits) to wait tables or wash up I would be glad to do it.If you gave me free health care & schooling I would rip your arm off) If you work it out that is what is happening they come over and earn a rock star salary (compared to home) do 5 years and go home to buy a village.

And yes we want to find illegal immigrants because almost certainly they will be mistreated, those restaurants doing it illegally will drive the legal ones out of business. If you want to support that go ahead.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      What is all this tulip. This constantly running down UK nationals as lazy?

1. They aren't stupid, if you take home more on Benefits then why would you work nights in a nasty hot kitchen serving Dog meat in a language you don't understand for less?

2. Which Curry houses do you know hire brits or even the industrious Poles? Every member of staff in the restaurants come from the same sodding village if not the same loins. They want visa's so they can import their Brother|Cousin|Father in Law (frequently the same person)
      700 children born with genetic disabilities due to cousin marriages every year - Telegraph

3. This Brits are lazy is insulting, if you paid me £125K a year tax free (or even double it to £250K with benefits) to wait tables or wash up I would be glad to do it.If you gave me free health care & schooling I would rip your arm off) If you work it out that is what is happening they come over and earn a rock star salary (compared to home) do 5 years and go home to buy a village.

And yes we want to find illegal immigrants because almost certainly they will be mistreated, those restaurants doing it illegally will drive the legal ones out of business. If you want to support that go ahead.
      This isn't something that has suddenly happened. The Takeaway industry warned the government years ago.

1. The locals are as stupid as they are short sighted. Its not what you earn now that is important. Its what comes next for doing it.

2. All our local curry houses have at least one or two youngsters from the villages. They are generally in the front of house but none the less there they are. The Indian chef thing is like SC clearance its a catch 22. You need to know how to cook the food to get the job. How do you do that if its not in your family. As for cousin love I know a fair few white guys that show the genetic traits of their ancestors in-breading. So don't bash the ill educated for doing what the european elites did for many centuries...

3. If I told you that for working for the minimum wages or less you had a shot at getting into a business that can earn you millions if done right. would you still want the £125K to do your non job? Yet again you can see we are back to the short sighted and stupid point. Westerners are over opinionated and lazy. You are not motivated by doing the job well you are there for the money first. By the way I know someone that played the long game from waiting tables to head of risk for a major bank so don't demonise people that are willing to bend the rules to live you might actually be working for one.

If the only way the guy is going to get his money is starting at the bottom then thats their choice not yours. Unlike the fake tulip that big IT dreams up, there really is a shortage of the skills here legal or otherwise. You can't suddenly teach an English person the trade its hard.

Worst of all if the government hadn't screwed the industry so that they could let more IT workers in the guys would not even BE ILLEGAL. I find it all the more distasteful that the very government department that is supposed to deal with this problem had dozens of visa holding Indians in their offices making a total ******* hash of what the locals could have done properly (for real money!). While their compliance arm are raiding small businesses trying to find people that have been told we don't need their skills anymore...

Id rather let a 1000 chefs in for jobs that we don't want / can't teach than use their quota to screw the industries we are good at.

Comment

Biggest threat is hygiene. Third World hygiene standards.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
          This isn't something that has suddenly happened. The Takeaway industry warned the government years ago.

1. The locals are as stupid as they are short sighted. Its not what you earn now that is important. Its what comes next for doing it.

2. All our local curry houses have at least one or two youngsters from the villages. They are generally in the front of house but none the less there they are. The Indian chef thing is like SC clearance its a catch 22. You need to know how to cook the food to get the job. How do you do that if its not in your family. As for cousin love I know a fair few white guys that show the genetic traits of their ancestors in-breading. So don't bash the ill educated for doing what the european elites did for many centuries...

3. If I told you that for working for the minimum wages or less you had a shot at getting into a business that can earn you millions if done right. would you still want the £125K to do your non job? Yet again you can see we are back to the short sighted and stupid point. Westerners are over opinionated and lazy. You are not motivated by doing the job well you are there for the money first. By the way I know someone that played the long game from waiting tables to head of risk for a major bank so don't demonise people that are willing to bend the rules to live you might actually be working for one.

If the only way the guy is going to get his money is starting at the bottom then thats their choice not yours. Unlike the fake tulip that big IT dreams up, there really is a shortage of the skills here legal or otherwise. You can't suddenly teach an English person the trade its hard.

Worst of all if the government hadn't screwed the industry so that they could let more IT workers in the guys would not even BE ILLEGAL. I find it all the more distasteful that the very government department that is supposed to deal with this problem had dozens of visa holding Indians in their offices making a total ******* hash of what the locals could have done properly (for real money!). While their compliance arm are raiding small businesses trying to find people that have been told we don't need their skills anymore...

Id rather let a 1000 chefs in for jobs that we don't want / can't teach than use their quota to screw the industries we are good at.
          The reason there is any skills shortage is usually because pay refuses to match market forces. Essentially these people want cheap labour.
          The govt has screwed the IT industry with its liberal application of the ICT system. 1000 chefs! give us the full story by revealing the pay please.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            The reason there is any skills shortage is usually because pay refuses to match market forces. Essentially these people want cheap labour.
            The govt has screwed the IT industry with its liberal application of the ICT system. 1000 chefs! give us the full story by revealing the pay please.
            I don't have pay figures but I have spoken to owners from London to where I live and they all had the same story. It's hard to get good chefs and they can't get the visas. One of the places said they were offering upto 30k for their chef and still couldn't find one.

Wish the ICT industry had the same problem.

Comment

Working...
            X