• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is sexual harrassment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    Well, if he came around to do "the job", how else will he get lucky if it were not for flattery?
    poor choice of words from my part)

Really I don't want anyone, and I mean ANYONE doing "the job" on either of them.

Comment

To summarise:
      It's only sexual harassment because she's said no. Allegedly.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Sexual harassment is when there is blackmail or some kind of pressure, usually done by the superiors, it's a crime.

There is no harm to invite a colleague to have dinner or for drinks, I know a lot of colleagues that get married with the colleagues.

Sexist comments from other colleagues it's lack of respect and wrong. The person can have a disciplinary process and could be fired, but for me this is not sexual harassment.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
          Sexual harassment is when there is blackmail or some kind of pressure, usually done by the superiors, it's a crime.

There is no harm to invite a colleague to have dinner or for drinks, I know a lot of colleagues that get married with the colleagues.

Sexist comments from other colleagues it's lack of respect and wrong. The person can have a disciplinary process and could be fired, but for me this is not sexual harassment.
          Ok, that has indeed opened my eyes. Thanks Bee

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
            Ok, that has indeed opened my eyes. Thanks Bee
            Oh Jesus Christ!

What I have done.

Comment

I got told off once for turning my pockets inside out and asking the receptionist if she liked elephants. She said no so I was ok and she never got to see the elephant.
              Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
                Oh Jesus Christ!

What I have done.
                It's OK - he doesn't realise the allowed reaction to sexist comments can include sticking a high heel into a part of his leg or other part of anatomy....
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

At my last gig I walked at full speed into the disabled loo (The only one on the floor) to find myself standing in front of a very startled lady. Almost the most awkward experience of my professional life.

The most awkward was a few minutes later when she walked back in and sat at a bank of desks behind me, just as I'd recanted the tale to a colleague who had now lost all composure.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    It's OK - he doesn't realise the allowed reaction to sexist comments can include sticking a high heel into a part of his leg or other part of anatomy....
                    For free? He normally pays good money for such a service
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      Nothing wrong with paying a compliment, if they don't like it you just make a note not to do it again!

Although, would you pay a man a similar compliment? I know straight guys who would but it's not the norm.
                      What do you mean by paying a compliment?

Comment

Working...
                      X