• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What is sexual harrassment"

Collapse

• Bee
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Nothing wrong with paying a compliment, if they don't like it you just make a note not to do it again!

Although, would you pay a man a similar compliment? I know straight guys who would but it's not the norm.
    What do you mean by paying a compliment?

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    It's OK - he doesn't realise the allowed reaction to sexist comments can include sticking a high heel into a part of his leg or other part of anatomy....
    For free? He normally pays good money for such a service

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    At my last gig I walked at full speed into the disabled loo (The only one on the floor) to find myself standing in front of a very startled lady. Almost the most awkward experience of my professional life.

The most awkward was a few minutes later when she walked back in and sat at a bank of desks behind me, just as I'd recanted the tale to a colleague who had now lost all composure.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Bee View Post
    Oh Jesus Christ!

What I have done.
    It's OK - he doesn't realise the allowed reaction to sexist comments can include sticking a high heel into a part of his leg or other part of anatomy....

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    I got told off once for turning my pockets inside out and asking the receptionist if she liked elephants. She said no so I was ok and she never got to see the elephant.

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    Ok, that has indeed opened my eyes. Thanks Bee
    Oh Jesus Christ!

What I have done.

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by Bee View Post
    Sexual harassment is when there is blackmail or some kind of pressure, usually done by the superiors, it's a crime.

There is no harm to invite a colleague to have dinner or for drinks, I know a lot of colleagues that get married with the colleagues.

Sexist comments from other colleagues it's lack of respect and wrong. The person can have a disciplinary process and could be fired, but for me this is not sexual harassment.
    Ok, that has indeed opened my eyes. Thanks Bee

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    Sexual harassment is when there is blackmail or some kind of pressure, usually done by the superiors, it's a crime.

There is no harm to invite a colleague to have dinner or for drinks, I know a lot of colleagues that get married with the colleagues.

Sexist comments from other colleagues it's lack of respect and wrong. The person can have a disciplinary process and could be fired, but for me this is not sexual harassment.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    To summarise:
    It's only sexual harassment because she's said no. Allegedly.

Leave a comment:

• Drei
    replied
    Well, if he came around to do "the job", how else will he get lucky if it were not for flattery?
    poor choice of words from my part)

Really I don't want anyone, and I mean ANYONE doing "the job" on either of them.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    read my previous post.
    Silly me

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    How is this analogy even barely relevant
    read my previous post.

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by Drei View Post
    They are the client and I doubt you would like if your handy man, cable guy, accountant or whoever else does any services for you to start throwing "you look good in that" to your missus/daughter when they come around to do the job.
    Well, if he came around to do "the job", how else will he get lucky if it were not for flattery?

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by Drei View Post
    They are the client and I doubt you would like if your handy man, cable guy, accountant or whoever else does any services for you to start throwing "you look good in that" to your missus/daughter when they come around to do the job.
    How is this analogy even barely relevant

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Nothing wrong with paying a compliment, if they don't like it you just make a note not to do it again!

Although, would you pay a man a similar compliment? I know straight guys who would but it's not the norm.
    What's with this paying compliments?

Either pay by cash or a bottle of vodka.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X