• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Convince me to vote BREXIT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something to ponder (re: schools, hospitals, traffic, train journeys, housing etc.)...

"A net migration of around 40,000 a year is required .. to stabilise the population at below 70 million"

Comment

One reason to vote BREXIT - it'll shut UKIP up once and for all. Almost worth it...
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Being from the North, you are already treated like dirt from the UK parliament. It could be worse though - you could be in Wales or Scotland.

Once we vote to remain(it makes almost no difference how you vote) the UK will be in forever. At least in the UK the HoC proposes laws. The HoL amends them. In Europe the equivalent bodies do the opposite.

Alot of young people care little for nationality anyway which is probably a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          One reason to vote BREXIT - it'll shut UKIP up once and for all. Almost worth it...
          After all the damage the Tories have done, the complete ineptitude of Labour under Korbyn, it will be amusing if we vote in, a general election is called, and UKIP win.

Comment

'Germany is pushing for a European army in the 28-member EU bloc, according to a white paper put forward by the German government. The army is envisaged to have a joint headquarters and shared military plans.

The Financial Times noted that the white paper is "one of the most significant" for Germany in recent years, given that Berlin has "long paid lip-service" to the formation of a European defence union. It noted that the white paper was to have been released shortly before the 23 June referendum but has probably been delayed to July."

Roderich Kiesewetter, a Bundestag foreign affairs committee member wrote in a recent paper: "The creation of a European army is a long way off, but it is a strategic necessity to implement important steps to pave the way towards it now.'

May 3 2016

EU army on the march in Britain: Secret war game involving 2,000 troops sparks fears UK will be sucked into a force involving member states
            23 May 2016

Bit by bit, they are creating the mechanisms that will make it [EU army] possible
            Liam Fox, defence secretary
            23 May 2016

EU Battle Group stickers on British Army vehicles during exercise
            23 May 2016

Comment

Either way the it should shut UKIP up once and for all, it worked for the SNP.... oh!
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

After a Brexit a huge debate on how the UK interacts with the EU will open up. UKIP will want a complete break with the EU i.e. no free movement of people, whereas there will be the other side which will look for a Norway/Switzerland agreement. This debate will be even more heated than the last one. The debate will just continue ad nauseum and won't stop until the UK manages sort out a self-sufficient economy completely independent of the EU that entails exporting rubber ducks to China.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  After a Brexit a huge debate on how the UK interacts with the EU will open up. UKIP will want a complete break with the EU i.e. no free movement of people, whereas there will be the other side which will look for a Norway/Switzerland agreement. This debate will be even more heated than the last one. The debate will just continue ad nauseum and won't stop until the UK manages sort out a self-sufficient economy completely independent of the EU that entails exporting rubber ducks to China.
                  UK is the ninth largest export economy in the World.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    If we imported nothing, and exported nothing, we would be better off.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      If we imported nothing, and exported nothing, we would be better off.
                      how?

Where would we get the parts of the Japanese cars that are assembled in Britain?
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X